Safe Participation Guidelines
In participating in virtual classes offered by Lake Shore Dance and our faculty, whether live interaction or pre-recorded, please observe the following guidelines:
1. No pointe shoes at home unless directed by faculty.
2. Create a safe space to dance in - move breakable objects and furniture with sharp corners out of the dancing space. Be sure that your floor is level and free of debris prior to starting.
3. Dress comfortably - unless otherwise directed, Leos and tights are not required, but you should dress in exercise clothes that allow for free movement.
4. Footwear - footwear is optional for all classes - please choose footwear that will keep you from slipping.
5. Warm-up and cool-down. Many of our instructional videos will take you through the warm-up process and some may have a cool-down. As with participation in any physical activity, pre-warming up by walking or other simple cardio movement is recommended.
6. Level Awareness: Select classes that fall within your skill level whenever possible. Consider your limitations when learning new material and adapt and adjust your execution based on those limitations.
7. Take breaks when you feel it necessary.
8. Hydrate! Just like at the studio, drink clear water before, during and after your class.
Getting the Most out of Your Class
1. Stay open minded! Every moment of dancing is valuable, precious and builds your skills as a dancer, whether the class is easier than your current level or harder. Absorb the words of wisdom from every teacher and apply those words to your dancing.
2. Keep trying! Struggling and persevering is part of the process and makes you better, building both physical skills and intellectual skills.
3. Have everything you need prepared before the class begins (if it is live) and pre-register for the format (IE Zoom, Google Hangout) when required so you don't miss class.
4. Just like at the studio, arrive early for class!
5. Take classes outside your "favorite" technique - We all have our "favorite " technique. But your skills in that favorite technique will only be enhanced and broadened through exploring different techniques. Challenge yourself to classes outside your comfort zone and watch yourself grow!
Permissions and Ownership
Choreography, class material, and all related content is property of Lake Shore Dance and its faculty and staff. Viewing and participation is granted to enrolled clients only . Public viewing or distribution is not granted with access to this media.
Waivers and Registration Agreement
By selecting and opting to participate in this virtual learning format, I release Lake Shore Dance, its owner, operators, faculty, and staff, from loss or injury resulting from participation. I accept the permissions and ownership guidelines stated in this contract and maintain the exclusivity of the product to myself and immediate family. I understand that participation in any physical activities include a certain degree of risk and agree to take necessary safety precautions while taking this class in my own space.
Lake Shore Dance has a long-standing, solid reputation in the local and regional dance community because of our commitment to excellence in artistry and well-rounded training system grounded in correct technique. All of our children start dancing because it is a wonderful activity for small children - but someday, they may decide that dance is the activity they want to focus on. With that in mind, we are committed to giving all of our students the best dance foundation that progresses as they grow.
Dance is a discipline with a rich history that we are excited to share with your family. Like most disciplines, success and progression takes time, patience, and practice. You will see your child grow so much this season, not only as a dancer, but also in their confidence! Help them to be their best by making sure your child is in class regularly and encourage your child to practice at home and show you what they have learned.
Ballet is the foundation for all dance training. Ballet teaches alignment, muscular control, and fundamental dance vocabulary and skills. For your child's success, we highly recommend that every child takes ballet class. Ballet for Level V and higher meets twice per week.
Pointe class is an extension of Ballet and can only be taken with the successful completion of Pre-Pointe, doctor's authorization, and two days of ballet each week. Girls on pointe will take minimally one ballet class on pointe per week during full curricular sessions.
Tap class is included in many of our children's classes. As one of the core dance genres, tap dancing is essential to developing rhythmic and musical skills. Tap also helps your child learn and recognize patterning while developing logic and memory skills that carry into their school-work.
We may make alternate placement recommendations for your child once we have had the opportunity to work with your dancer for a couple of weeks. We will have a conversation about our recommendations if we feel that the child should be in a different class.
Please allow time for your small child to adjust to their new class. Our faculty is skilled in working with small children and acclimating them into the new classroom experience. If at any time you have a concern, please feel free to schedule a time to talk with the instructor. We work hard to help your child build confidence and independence. Most children take class well by themselves. We encourage you to assist your child in taking class independently and help them to feel pride in their accomplishments!
We reserve the right to change instructors, utilize substitute teachers, cancel or combine classes, and change class times. Many of our instructors are also performers and parents, so we appreciate your understanding if, from time to time, your child's class has a substitute teacher.
We are in Wisconsin and as we all know; winter can be unpredictable around here! In the event of Winter Storm Warnings, Blizzard Warnings, or other extreme weather conditions, we may be forced to cancel classes for the safety of our students and our staff. Please remember that many of our older dancers drive and several faculty members live outside of our communities. While situations may not appear to be too severe, we do consider the conditions of the surrounding areas and the probability of the intensification of the storm through the evening when make the decision to cancel. We will post on our Facebook Page and announce in email and on our group pages if we must cancel.
Full Term Registration (September - May): Completing and submitting this registration form confirms and finalizes your child's registration in the class(es) you have selected. The tuition rate listed with each class is due per month for a total of 9 installments. The first tuition installment is due with your registration. The due dates for each installments are: September 1 (or with registration, whichever comes first), October 1, November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1, and May 1.
As an installment plan, the monthly fee does not necessarily cover the classes taken in a particular month. Some months have more classes than others, but you don't pay more those months.
• All registrations are final. "Registration" is defined as pressing the "Submit Registration Information" when you register online or by submitting your registration either by mail or in person.
• Upon submitting your registration, you are bound to the terms of this registration agreement for the full session including the responsibility for every tuition installment for the session you have selected. An electronic copy with a time stamp and your electronic signature are saved on your account with the studio for your reference.
• All payments are non-refundable, including but not exclusively: tuition, costume fees, and studio purchases.
Mini-Session: Throughout the year, Lake Shore Dance offers mini-sessions - 6 to 8 week specialty sessions or introductory sessions of classes. In selecting a mini-session, you register for the full term of the mini-session and tuition for that mini-session is due in full with registration. This tuition is non-refundable.
Discounts and Incentives
• Family Discounts: Lake Shore Dance has something for everyone in your family! Family members must be from the same household and be registered on the same account to qualify. The family discount is removed if enrollment drops down to one student. *Family discounts do not apply to private lessons, master classes, special events, costume or boutique purchases, company, or competition activities.
2 enrolled family members: 10%
3 enrolled family members: 15%
4 enrolled family members: 20%
Multiple Class Discounts:
Your student progresses faster with consistent training in multiple techniques. We encourage dancers to take advantage of our wide range of classes in our curriculum by offering discounting on multiple classes. These rates are per student.
2-3 classes per student: 5% off the full tuition pricing
4-5 classes per student: 10% off the full tuition pricing
Unlimited Annual Membership Programs:
Complete information on the membership programs is available separately through the front desk as of March 31.
To qualify for unlimited memberships, dancers are required to take the following : Ballet (twice per week when available), Tap, Jazz, Lyrical/Modern/Contemporary, Conditioning, AMP (fall only), and Hip Hop.
Pointe, Acro, and additional classes may be added.
As the legal parent or guardian of the registrant, I release and hold harmless Lake Shore Dance, its owners, employees, and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of the owners, staff, faculty, and operators or in route to or from any of said premises. I further acknowledge that physical activity has inherent risks and accept responsibility for my child's participation in lessons at Lake Shore Dance and will not hold Lake Shore Dance, its' faculty, staff, and owners, as well as other associated parties responsible for injury or loss incurred through participation in dance lessons. I have noted any medical or special needs that my child has that could potentially affect their performance in dance lessons. I give permission to Lake Shore Dance to contact medical professionals on behalf of my child in the case of emergency if I cannot be reached.
If I sign up for a membership program, I agree to the terms outlined in the membership program document and authorize Lake Shore Dance to pull my payments automatically.
I agree to join the studio Teamapp and take personal responsibility to stay informed on studio events. By signing below, I agree to terms in the registration agreement. I understand that tuition and costume fees are non-refundable and that by submitting my registration, I accept the responsibility for tuition payment. I accept and understand the cancellation policy. I understand that cash refunds will not be issued at any time. I understand that I am responsible for payment of tuition for the entire dance session, regardless of attendance, absences, or cancellations. I further acknowledge that all information is subject to change and I will be informed of said changes via Lake Shore Dance communication portals.
I agree to allow my child to be photographed and/or video taped for promotional purposes. If I wish to revoke this permission, I agree to sign a slip at the studio.
As dance is a physical activity, our faculty will need to use tactile corrections to build your dancer. If you have concerns about this specific method of teaching, please contact your studio assistant director.
I agree to bring my dancer to class regularly and I acknowledge and accept that the dancer's progression is dependent on regular class attendance. Furthermore, I agree to inform the studio via email or phone call if my child will be absent, agree to keep my child out of class if they are ill (highly contagious illnesses ie strep throat, vomiting, diarrhea, lice, hand/foot/mouth, high fever etc), and accept that tuition credits or refunds will not be issued. Dancers may make up class within two weeks of an absence if scheduled through the studio and space is available.
This agreement is signed electronically and time stamped for authenticity. A copy of the agreement is available on your portal and is saved internally for reference.