As the legal parent or guardian, I hereby give approval for each student Dancer's enrollment and participation in Trinity Irish Dancers and all of the associated activities involved therein. Each student Dancer's participation in Trinity Irish Dancers and all of its activities is by choice, and is completely voluntary. Accordingly, in my capacity as parent/legal guardian for each student Dancer, I agree on behalf of myself, the above-named student Dancer(s), my spouse (if any), my heirs, assigns, related individuals and related entities, to hereby release, waive, absolve, discharge and agree to hold harmless Trinity Irish Dancers, its related entities, trustees, directors, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, the "Trinity Irish Dancers Released Parties") from and against any and all rights, claims, demands, causes of action, obligations, suits, liens, damages or liabilities of any kind and character whatsoever, whether known or unknown, suspected or claimed, which each student Dancer shall or may have in the future against the Trinity Irish Dancers Released Parties arising out of, based on, related to or connected with each student Dancer's enrollment and participation in the Trinity Irish Dancers program and any of its activities and/or the activities of its related entities. I, on behalf of myself and the individuals and entities referred to above, also agree to indemnify and hold the Trinity Irish Dancers Released Parties harmless from the payment of any and all judgments, settlements, costs, disbursements and attorney fees that are associated with the Trinity Irish Dancers Released Parties having to defend or investigate any claim, action or proceeding of any type whatsoever arising out of the student Dancer's enrollment or participation in the Trinity Irish Dancers program and activities. I represent and warrant that I have the full power, capacity and authority to execute this document as the parent or legal guardian of each student Dancer. I further represent and warrant that I understand the terms and provisions of this document and its nature and effect. This document is made, executed and entered into and shall be governed by the laws of the state of my residence. I expressly consent to venue and jurisdiction of the courts of my state with respect to any dispute arising out of each student Dancer's enrollment and participation in the above-referenced Trinity Irish Dancers program and associated activities.
The mission of Trinity Academy of Irish Dance is to elevate children, the community and the world through the power and grace of Irish dance. In effort to ensure we are following our mission, we are implementing the following code of conduct for parents and dancers.
While most of the adults and children in the school will abide by this code without being instructed, it is being published to protect the children, teachers, staff, and the integrity of our program. The Trinity teaching staff will also follow the guidelines of this Code of Conduct.
Parent Code of Conduct Agreement
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for all dancers, teachers, and staff at Trinity Academy of Irish Dance.
• I (and my family and guests) will be a positive role model for my child(ren) and encourage good sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all dancers, teachers, and staff at all times.
• I will require that my child(ren) treat all dancers, teachers, and staff with respect.
• I will treat all Trinity volunteers with respect and kindness.
• I agree to respect and accept teacher decisions regarding class placement, classroom curriculum, costumes, and participation in competitions. If I have a question, I will contact my child's teacher directly via email.
• I agree to communicate with teaching staff and Academy staff via the email address they provide and by the guidelines each of them set regarding communication.
• I will teach my child(ren) that doing one's best is more important than winning, and help them manage their feelings appropriately if they are disappointed in the outcome of a competition or performance.
• I will praise my child(ren) for competing fairly and trying hard, and help to make my child(ren) feel like a winner every time.
• I will support and comfort my child(ren) if he/she makes a mistake while dancing or doesn't place as one may have liked.
• I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the dancers ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child(ren) to win or do well.
• I will direct my questions or concerns to my child's teacher or other Academy staff with an approach conducive to problem solving and collaboration.
• I will work to create a positive atmosphere at the studios where fellow parents receive support and guidance, decreasing the occurrence of gossip.
• I will follow social media protocol established by the Academy, and will not request to connect with a teacher on any social media site.
• I will ensure my dancer follows the dress code for each class. Girls: shorts that are mid-thigh in length, t-shirt or tank top, white socks (preferably poodle socks, but cannot be ankle socks), hair always pulled back away from the face. Boys: athletic shorts that don't go past the knee, t-shirt or tank top, white socks.
My e-signature verifies I have read, understand, and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. If I am in violation of this code of conduct, action steps will be taken by Trinity Academy including written and verbal communication regarding my violation. I agree to the consequences determined by Trinity Academy. Consequences may include removal from a class, suspension, or dismissal from the school. I have also read and discussed with my dancer the Dancer's Code of Conduct.
As the legal parent or guardian, I consent to the release/use by media (i.e., TV stations, newspapers (online/print), radio stations, etc) of the information/responses provided in this Public Relations (PR) Form entitled, "Trinity Irish Dancers Background Information For Release To/Use By Print & Broadcast Media". I also grant Trinity Irish Dancers and the Trinity Booster Club the right to photograph my dependent and use the photo and or other digital reproduction of him/her or other reproduction of his/her physical likeness for publication processes, whether electronic, print, digital or electronic publishing via the Internet indefinitely. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph. I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless Trinity Irish Dancers and the Trinity Booster Club and its agents or employees, including any firm publishing and /or distributing the finished product in whole or in part, whether on paper, via electronic media, or on websites, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.