I grant my child permission to participate in the Turning Sun School childcare program located at either 2676 Clairmont Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, 2500 Hosea L. Williams Drive, Atlanta GA 30317, 3142 Lawrenceville Highway, Tucker GA 30084, or 12 Bethesda Church Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30044. "Turning Sun School" is a trade name of Turning Sun School North, LLC, Turning Sun South, LLC, Turning Sun Tucker, LLC, and Turning Sun School Gwinnett, LLC, all Georgia limited liability companies. In granting permission for his or her participation in the program, I accept and authorize the following program conditions:
Tuition is due by the 1st of each month. Payments received after the 1st of the month must include a $15.00 late fee. If a payment is late, families will be notified personally by email. Please direct all payment questions to School Accounts Coordinator, especially if you are unable to make payments. If no plans have been discussed and an account remains delinquent for 15 days, students will not be able to attend until past due balances and late fees are paid in full.
• Payments can be made by cash, check, credit card, or bank draft (Echeck). Payments by card (credit or debit) will incur an additional 3% processing fee (not applicable to families that only enroll in summer sessions. Payments by other methods do not incur additional fees.
• Parents wishing to withdraw a child from TSS must provide written notice 30 days prior and pay the full tuition for the month of the withdrawal (not applicable to families that only enroll in summer sessions). Without 30 days written notice, parents are obligated to pay the full month, and in addition, the following month as well. If a child is withdrawn for any reason before the end of the school year, no deposits will be refunded for any reason.
• TSS does not give refunds or credits for absences due to illness, vacation or any other reason.
• Turning Sun School is licensed by Bright from the Start (Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning) to provide care from 8am-6pm daily, but hours of operation may vary at each location.
Parents are attesting that their children have no conditions which restrict their full participation in the Turning Sun School program. Any future restrictions will be delivered to Turning Sun School in writing.
• I give Turning Sun staff permission to administer one or more of the following over-the-counter topical ointments/preparations that I supply for my child in accordance with the directions on the label of the container: Neosporin or similar ointment, Bactine or similar first aid spray, non-prescription ointment such as A&D, Desitin, or Vaseline, baby powder, or other product.
• Parents are responsible for keeping the program advised of any significant changes in the information that they provided at the time of enrollment concerning numbers, work locations, emergency contacts, family physician, etc.
• Turning Sun staff will not allow students to enter or leave the center without an escort.
• Photographs of students will be taken with the expressed permission of the Campus Director and may appear in websites, advertisements, publicity, media reports, presentations, and art projects by the students in the program before or after graduation. Parents may elect otherwise by submitting a prior request in writing to the Campus Director.
• In order to maximize school safety, parents with any concerns should share information with TSS staff before involving other parents. Concerned individuals will always be heard and never judged or penalized for their honesty with TSS.
• Staff is required by state law to report to the appropriate authorities any suspicion that a child has been abused or neglected or is in danger of abuse or neglect. Appropriate state officials have the right to enter the Turning Sun School building, inspect my child's file, and interview my child at any time without notification.
• It may become necessary to briefly remove children from their peers, if disruptive, aggressive, or unsafe behavior persists. Children always have the company of a teacher or other staff member while they are calming down and can return to their peers when they are exhibiting cooperative behavior. Persistent or repeated occurances may result in meetings with the Campus Director and possible dismissal in order to insure the safety and well being of other students.
• Before any medication can be dispensed to children, parents must provide written authorization which includes: date, name of child, name of medication, dosage, and date and time of day medication is to be given. Medicine must be in the original container with child's name clearly marked.
• In cases of illness, parents will be called and possibly required to pick up children as soon as possible. In cases of simple injury, (such as abrasion, skinned knees, splinters, etc.) TSS staff will perform routine hygienic measure, such as washing wounds and applying bandages. Parents will be informed at pick up about these incidents and the actions taken. These routines may also include the application of first aid products in the event of burns or need to protect against infections.
• Staff may apply sunscreen or bug spray to students. It is the responsibility of parents to inform the Turning Sun School staff in advance about all known allergies of children. In case of allergic reaction, Benadryl may be given by staff.
• While Turning Sun School will work to ensure that the school premises are properly maintained and will monitor the activities of the children in the context of the program, parents understand that accidents do happen, and, therefore, releases and discharges and hold harmless Turning Sun School and its agents, employees, and contractors from any and all claims, demands, damages, rights of action or causes of action, present or future, arising out of or connected with my child's participation in the program, including any injuries resulting therefrom, that do not directly result from the actual negligence of Turning Sun School or its agents, employees, or contractors.
• In case of medical emergency, parents will be called and will take responsibility for obtaining the necessary medical treatment. If circumstances require immediate or professional care (in the judgment of the staff) program Emergency Medical Service (EMS) will be called. Staff will respond as necessary until EMS arrives. In the event emergency treatment is required, parents give consent for their children to be taken to a nearby medical facility and if necessary for treatment by a qualified physician. Costs incurred from treatment of any injury or illness occurring within the program is the responsibility of the parent.