Upon signing this Agreement and forever thereafter, you agree that if you participate in or attend any Fairfax Fencers event, or that of any Fairfax Fencers group, or are present on Fairfax Fencers premises or use any Fairfax Fencers facility, you do so at your own risk and assume the risk of any and all injury and/or damage you might sustain, regardless of whether you are a participant, a spectator, or otherwise. Your assumption of risk includes but is not limited to the use of any sports or other equipment (mechanical or otherwise), and accessing Fairfax Fencers premises. You further agree to assume the risk of your participation in or presence at any sporting event, practice, activity, class, program, instruction, or Fairfax Fencers sponsored event. You agree that you are voluntarily participating in the aforementioned activities and assume all risk, known and unknown, associated with same. You agree on behalf of yourself (and your spouse, all your children, personal representatives, heirs, executors, administrators, agents, and assigns) to forever release and discharge Fairfax Fencers, their owners, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, successors, and assigns from any and all claims or causes of action (known or unknown) arising out of the negligence of Fairfax Fencers, whether active or passive, or that of any of its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns. This waiver and release of liability includes, without limitation, injuries which may occur as a result of (a) your use of any equipment or facilities which may malfunction or break, (b) Fairfax Fencers' improper maintenance of any exercise equipment or facilities, (c) Fairfax Fencers' negligent instruction or supervision, including personal training, strength training, refereeing and coaching, (d) you slipping or tripping and falling while on Fairfax Fencers premises, including Fairfax Fencers' negligent inspection or maintenance of such premises, and (e) you sustaining personal injuries as a result of the dangerous condition of property on which you are present in relation to any Fairfax Fencers function, including Fairfax Fencers' negligent inspection or maintenance of such premises. By executing this Agreement, you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Fairfax Fencers from any loss, liability, damage, or cost Fairfax Fencers may incur due to your presence at any Fairfax Fencers premises or facility. You further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the state in which this agreement is entered into, and that if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. This release is not intended as an attempted release of claims of gross negligence or intentional acts. You acknowledge that Fairfax Fencers provides a service to their members and is not in the business of selling, leasing, or otherwise placing into the stream of commerce exercise or sports equipment, or other such products, and the use of any such items is incidental to the service provided by Fairfax Fencers.
1. All participants must wear appropriate gear, in good condition, when fencing; minimally, this includes: Mask, Jacket, Glove, Athletic Shoes, Long Athletic Pants or Knickers, and Protective Socks--No bare skin should be showing.
2. The weapons are to be treated with respect and awareness at all times.
3. Fencers must always be masked when weapons are raised, point forward. This means on all occasions, including discussion of actions and during drills.
4. Violent actions are not permitted.
5. Stop fencing instantly if you think something is wrong or if your opponent retreats and waves the unarmed hand or gives any sign of wanting to stop.
6. Stop fencing immediately if you think a weapon is broken.
7. Counterattackers are responsible for preventing body contact, injury, and weapons breakage.
8. Report to an instructor immediately if you feel a fencer is behaving in a dangerous or uncontrolled fashion.
9. Inspect your weapons and mask each time you use them. If you are using club gear and find any problem, please report it to an instructor.
10. Fencers on the floor have right of way. Persons not fencing are obligated to keep themselves and their gear clear of fencers on the floor.
11. Report injuries immediately to an instructor.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. YOU ARE AWARE AND AGREE THAT BY EXECUTING THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE, YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION OR ASSERT A CLAIM AGAINST FAIRFAX FENCERS FOR THEIR NEGLIGENCE, OR FOR ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT ON THEIR PREMISES. YOU HAVE READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNED THE WAIVER AND RELEASE AND FURTHER AGREE THAT NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS, OR INDUCEMENT APART FROM THE FOREGOING WRITTEN AGREEMENT HAS BEEN MADE. YOU AGREE, FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR SPOUSE, CHILDREN, SUCCESSORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, THAT THE ABOVE REPRESENTATIONS ARE CONTRACTUALLY BINDING, AND ARE NOT MERE RECITALS, AND THAT SHOULD YOU OR YOUR SUCCESSORS ASSERT ANY CLAIM IN CONTRAVENTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE ASSERTING PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR THE EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES) INCURRED BY THE OTHER PARTY OR PARTIES IN DEFENDING AGAINST ANY SUCH ACTION. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW AND ABIDE BY THE SAFETY RULES STATED IN THIS WAIVER AND POSTED IN THE CLUB.