Tuition is the same every month and will not be prorated for missed classes, observed holiday's or studio breaks. Tuition is calculated based on the number of weeks in the season (September 3, 2019 - June 24, 2020), and is divided into equal monthly payments. This includes months with 5 weeks, recital week, studio holidays and breaks, which are distributed among the 10 months. The tuition for 1 class/week is $23.50, which corresponds to $94/month, based on a standard length of a four-week month. A list of studio holidays can be found on our website at www.prodigydance.com, under the "Schedule" tab. The first charge for September 2019, will be automatically withdrawn on August 25th.
Any account that is more than 2 months past due, will automatically be sent to collections by our accounting department.
As the legal parent/guardian, I agree to the following with respect to Prodigy Dance Company, Inc. ("PDCI") and my dancer:
1. I understand the inherent risks, typical hazards, and potential consequences associated with dance or exercise or related events; and
2. I understand that the risk of injury from the activities involved in the classes, exercise programs and related events is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
3. I understand that some of those risks include, but are not limited to, incidents, which may cause one to fall and that PDC may not have any control over such incidents. I also understand that injuries may be caused by my own behavior, conduct, or lack of skill.
4. I understand, and I am knowledgeable of these risks and hazards inherent of activities in the Program. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, including those arising from the negligence of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
5. I do not have a medical condition that would prevent me from carrying out physical activity needed for classes at PDC; and
6. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in the Program. If, however I observe any unusual significant hazard during the presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring the hazard to the attention of the nearest PDC representative immediately; and
7. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless PDC and its officers, officials, agents, instructors, employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Program, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURIES, DISABILITIES, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF MYSELF OR THE ABOVE CORPORATION, INDIVIDUALS, OR PARTIES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. I AM INFORMED AND AM AWARE OF ALL THE TYPICAL DANCE COURSE HAZARDS AND ASSOCIATED RISKS AND WISH TO OBTAIN IN DANCE INSTRUCTION FROM PDCI AND MYSELF DESPITE THESE HAZARDS AND RISKS. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
• RESPECT: Your instructors, your fellow students, and yourself.
• No talking while the instructor is speaking, demonstrating, or choreographing. Follow their directions and comply with staff requests.
• Pay attention when other students are dancing - you can learn from them.
• Be supportive and show encouragement to other dancers.
• Listen first and ask questions if you do not understand.
• Be kind to everyone in the studio. no gossiping or bullying allowed in the studio.
• School rules apply at the studio. No inappropriate language, conversations, or movements. Be a role model for other students.
• There will be times when the instructor will employ hands-on adjusting corrections to the student(s).
• Dress appropriately. (See dress code.)
• Write your name on all dance clothes and shoes in case they get lost. If items in lost and found are not claimed within 30 days, they will be donated to charity. It is not recommended to bring valuables to the studio in your dance bags.
• Pull hair back in a bun or ponytail for all classes.
• No cell phones, gum, candy, food, or drinks allowed in class. Bottled water only.
• Please do not touch mirrors and do not hang from the barres.
• No running in the dance room (unless it is a part of a routine).
• If a dancer is disruptive to the class, he/she will be asked to sit out until they can compose themselves.
• Keep hands and feet to yourself. No rough play.
• Always give 100% and bring a positive attitude to class. Please arrive 5 minutes before class starts and leave your troubles at the door.
• Any dancer(s) that arrive more than 15 minutes late, will have their participation evaluated at the sole discretion of the teacher. This is strictly a safety issue, as a dancer could suffer serious injury, if they have not properly stretched.
• At the end of class, say thank you and goodbye to your instructor.
• Be kind to others, and try to include outsiders and new comers. It is important to be polite and civil at all times.
• Unless there is permission from the parents to leave the premises, you are expected to stay in the studio at all times. We are and cannot be responsible for any dancer(s) that are not in his/her scheduled class(s), and/or have left the premises.
• We encourage communication with instructors, staff, and the studio owner. All we ask is that you choose an appropriate time or leave a message for them to call you. Please do not take time out of class for concerns or complaints.
• Your dancer will be responsible for any damage caused by him/her to the studio or another student's personal property.
If you are a competition member at Prodigy Dance Company, there are an additional set of standards to follow (See Competition Program page).
I consent that all visual documentation of my child such as film, photo, art, digital and or audio recordings done by Prodigy Dance Company can be used without further consent, consideration, or compensation. Prodigy Dance Company will use these for marketing purposes, publications, demonstration, social media, and display. This includes but is not limited to our website www.prodigydance.com marketing publications, brochures, newsletters, slideshows, and all social media outlets.