• Concert & Musical Fees help to cover the high costs of venues, sets, lighting, sound, equipment rental, live musicians, and adequate dressing room space. These fees ensure the high quality of performance that has become a hallmark of Rpm dance.
• Spring Dance Concert - $250 fee per student - includes two days in-theatre show and rehearsal experience, one t-shirt and four show tickets, per paid fee.
Tickets are non-exchangeable. You will be able to determine the dates of the tickets you receive, but you may not exchange them once you've received them.
Families with more than one student, pay an additional $100 per student and receive another t-shirt and two more tickets, per additional student.
Dance Concert Fees are divided into two $125 payments. These payments will be charged to your card on file on October 1st and January 15th, or at the time of registration if joining the studio in the middle of the year.
• Junior and Senior Musical Fees - $250 fee per student - includes two tickets, in-theatre rehearsal and show experience, and one t-shirt, per paid fee. Families with more than one student pay an additional $100 per student and receive another t-shirt with in-theatre experience, per additional student, and also receive two more tickets.
Junior and Senior Musical Fees are due on January 15th, or at time of registration after that date.
* ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
* ALL extra t-shirts are $25 including tax.
Students MUST ATTEND ALL MANDATORY DRESS and TECH REHEARSALS in order to perform in year-end productions. This is extremely important to maintain safety, and the quality of our show. No exceptions. If a student misses a mandatory dress or tech rehearsal, they will not be permitted to participate in the show. No refunds will be given on concert and/or costume fees.
Our performances are held in a professional theatrical space that often includes fly-in and out backdrops, hot lights, busy stage hands, props, and sometimes moving equipment. For the safety and enjoyment of everybody involved, we require that every participant attend all in-theatre mandatory dress and tech rehearsals so they are prepared for all that will be happening around them while in the performance space. We purposefully minimize the number of these rehearsals and announce them far in advance as a convenience to you. Please consult the Event Calendar at www.rpmdance.com and make note of the rehearsal dates, so you can avoid conflicts. If you are unable to attend those rehearsals, please do not commit to the performances.
• In multiple performance events, for example, shows on Saturday AND Sunday, students are required to perform in ALL performances of that event. If a student misses the first performance, they WILL NOT be permitted to participate in the second. This is in consideration of the other performers who will have to make last minute adjustments in the event of their absence.
Our Season commences on the Tuesday following Labor Day, and concludes with the year-end concerts in the Spring of the following year.
• IMPORTANT - Rpm dance cannot guarantee the supervision of children when they are not in class. For children's safety, parents are expected to provide supervision for their children during breaks between classes. Please refrain from leaving your children unattended at the studio. We highly discourage students from going into the parking lot, 7-Eleven, and the market without parental supervision. Parents, please come in to pick up your children rather than asking them to meet you in the parking lot. For modesty, we recommend that students wear cover-ups when outside the building. Our landlord has requested that we not block the flow of traffic in our parking lot. Please park your car when picking up students rather than waiting in your car out front.
• We provide a student lounge where students can mingle, do their homework, or eat snacks/meals. Please encourage your children to clean up after themselves before going into class. Food left out on the table unattended during classes will be thrown away once classes commence.
This year we are adding a PARENT MONITOR to help supervise our student lounge. We would like for each family to volunteer for two hours each month by having an adult simply sit in the lounge while working on their laptop or reading. We feel that the presence of an adult at all times will minimize student conflicts and help us maintain unity and a welcoming atmosphere. Please sign up monthly at the front desk or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please do not eat, drink, or walk on the couches/furniture in the lounges.
• We provide a parent lounge where parents can comfortably wait for their children.
• Parents of teen-aged girls: Please instruct your daughters on the proper disposal of feminine products. Each year, we spend hundreds of unnecessary dollars, multiple times, cleaning out our bathroom pipes because of careless disposal. We provide bags and a specific canister in the main bathroom for this purpose. Help us to keep our prices reasonable by educating your children in this regard.
• Placement of students in classes, levels, and choreography, as well as all special performance opportunities, awards, solos, competitions, etc., is at the sole discretion of the artistic director.
• At Rpm dance, we are aware that it is a privilege to dance! To that end, we are committed to a positive and disciplined environment. Students who are verbally reprimanded more than three times in class will be asked to sit for a time-out period. If disruptive behavior continues, students will be asked to exit the classroom until the next time the class meets. Repetitive unruly behavior is not permitted at Rpm dance and violence of any kind will result in immediate removal from all classes. If the student is unresponsive to repeated disciplinary action, Rpm dance reserves the right to remove a student from class indefinitely. Likewise, parents will be held to the same standard. We strive to maintain a positive and unified culture at Rpm dance. Those who continually choose to disrupt operations, will respectfully be asked to leave.
• Students should arrive on time for class with their hair up and in proper dress code before class begins. Please check the dress code for specifics regarding hair. Students who are more than 15 minutes late for class without prior permission shall not be permitted to enter class.
• Please note there is a dress code at Rpm dance. Copies are available at the front desk. Items in the dress code are available at Dance Outfitters at 1036 Volvo Parkway, Suite 1, Chesapeake, VA 23320-8601. Rpm dance students receive 15% off. Please visit their website for more information about them. http://www.danceoutfitters.com/.
• Missed classes are non-refundable. We allow students to make-up a missed class in the same discipline at a lower level, until the end of the next calendar month, if approved by the artistic director. If you are unsure of the class you should attend as a makeup, please consult the teacher of the class you missed. Make-up classes must be scheduled in advance with the front desk.
• Picture Days: Since instructors are present for the staging of class pictures, picture days are therefore treated as a regular class. IMPORTANT: Please note that students must have the proper shoes in order to participate in picture day and/or performances.
• Weather closings are NOT based on Suffolk Public Schools' inclement weather schedule. Instead, we post inclement weather closings on our Facebook page. Please check often for updates on those days. Weather closings are considered "acts of God" and do not require make-up days.
Parents, as always, we value your wisdom and input offered in a positive and constructive manner. We're looking forward to another great year!
• All tuition costs are averaged over the entire dance season so that each monthly rate is the same regardless of the number of actual meetings within a given month.
• Tuition is ALWAYS due on the first of each month and is automatically charged to the debit/credit card you provide at registration/enrollment. Tuition is Non-Refundable.
• If an automatic payment is rejected, you will be contacted via email, encouraged to update your credit card information and asked to run the payment again through the customer portal. We will not run your card a second time unless you request us to do it for you. Accounts unpaid after 12:00 AM on the 5th of the month are automatically assessed a $25 late fee, regardless of the balance.
• Accounts with unpaid Tuition at the time their student(s)'s class meets for the second time in a month will not be allowed into class until their account is paid in full, including late fees. If a late fee is accrued on three different occasions in the same dance season, Rpm dance reserves the right to remove the student (s) from classes for the remainder of the season.
• Classes dropped in the middle of the month are non-refundable. Please take advantage of our "Trial Class Policy" to avoid paying for classes that are not a good fit. Our Trial Class Policy allows you to try any class once before committing. We encourage you to try many different classes until you find the ones you enjoy the most. It's a great way to see where you "fit" and you only pay for the class if you like it.
• Transferring from one class to another must be approved by the instructor or Artistic Director.
• Be sure to let us know, in writing, by the 15th of the current month, if you have decided to make a change in the upcoming month. Adhering to this policy will help us bill you accurately each month.
• Private Lesson Fees are always due at the time of lesson. No exceptions. Late fees apply. If a check is not received at the time of the lesson, your card will be charged the same day.
• Rpm dance families are required to have a credit card on file which is automatically charged on the first of each month. Your card on file will also be charged for private lessons, unless you submit cash or check at the time of the lesson. If you do not, we will assume that you want us to charge the card on file.
For those who prefer to pay for the year in advance, in one payment, cash or check is also accepted.
• There is a $35 fee for all returned checks. After the second returned check, you may be required to pay in cash, by debit/credit card, cashier's check or money order.
• When paying by check: for apparel, DVDs, private lessons, tickets, etc., please make checks payable to Rpm dance and in the memo section of each check please put your child's name and the nature of the payment. Check payments may be dropped off at the front desk during business hours, or mailed to: Renee Mitchell c/o Rpm dance, 6713 Burbage Lake Circle, Suffolk, VA 23435.
STUDENTS MUST HAVE A COMPLETED PARENT CONTRACT ON FILE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS.