RPM Dance Registration and Enrollment is paperless and completed online. It is very important that you take the time to read each paragraph below. Clicking on each of the boxes below signifies you have read, understood and agree to our terms for enrollment.
• Parents/guardians are required to read and understand each paragraph below, and fill out all pertinent blanks on this registration form, including any medical concerns and emergency contact information. Students may not participate in class until all boxes are checked.
Contact Info and Communication
At RPM Dance, we strive to communicate clearly with all of our families via e-mail, social media, and on our bulletin board at the studio. We encourage each one to login to the customer portal on a regular basis, if possible, but at least once a month. When you do, you will see all the e-mails that we have sent through the portal to you. You will also be notified if anything within this covenant has been updated and you will be asked to once again confirm you have read, understand and agree with the policies contained herein.
We value your privacy and will NEVER sell your contact information to a third-party or send you frivolous emails and SPAM. If you are not receiving emails from us, please check your SPAM folders and/or add us to your safe email list.
I agree to keep my contact information updated via this online customer portal and understand I am encouraged to login regularly to be kept abreast of studio updates.
I understand that I am encouraged to "Like" rpm dance's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rpmdance and visit it often for updates and information.
I understand that I am responsible for knowing the studio information that is posted there and on the bulletin board in the studio waiting area.
Each Spring, we present many wonderful productions:
• Dance Concert - This is a themed concert featuring all of our students from our dance classes. Dance Concert Fees and Costumes are required...dependent upon the number of classes in which a student is enrolled. This Concert is presented at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts, located at 110 Finney Ave, Suffolk, VA 23435.
• Senior Musical - This is a musical featuring our older Musical Theatre Students and Community Performers - Senior Musical Fees and Costumes are required... dependent upon the role(s) in which a student is cast. This Musical is presented at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts, located at 110 Finney Ave, Suffolk, VA 23435.
• Junior Musical - This is a musical featuring our younger Musical Theatre Students - Junior Musical Fees and Costumes are required...dependent upon the role(s) in which a student is cast. This Musical is presented at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts, located at 110 Finney Ave, Suffolk, VA 23435.
• Concert & Musical Fees help to cover the high costs of venues, sets, lighting, sound, equipment rental, live musicians, and adequate dressing room space. These Fees ensure the high quality of performance that has become a hallmark of RPM dance.
• Spring Dance Concert - $200 fee per family - includes two days in-theatre show and rehearsal experience, one t-shirt and six show tickets, per paid fee. Tickets are non-exchangeable. You will be able to determine the dates of the tickets you receive, but you may not exchange them once you've received them.
Families with more than one student, pay an additional $75 per student and receive another t-shirt and three more tickets, per additional student.
Dance Concert Fees are due on January 1st, with January Tuition, or at time of registration after that date.
• Senior Musical Fees - $225 fee per family ($275 less $50 ticket credit) - includes at least nine days in-theatre "rehearsal and show experience" and one t-shirt, per paid fee.
Families with more than one student pay an additional $100 per student and receive another t-shirt with in-theatre experience, per additional student.
Senior Musical Fees are due on January 15th, or at time of registration after that date.
• Junior Musical Fees - $225 fee per family - includes four days in-theatre "rehearsal and show experience", one t-shirt and two show tickets, per paid fee. Tickets are non-exchangeable. You will be able to determine the dates of the tickets you receive, but you may not exchange them once you've received them.
Families with more than one student pay an additional $75 per student and receive another t-shirt with in-theatre experience, per additional student.
Junior Musical Fees are due on February 1st, with Tuition, or at time of registration after that date.
* ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE *
* ALL extra t-shirts are $25 including tax.
• Students MUST ATTEND ALL MANDATORY DRESS and TECH REHEARSALS in order to perform in year-end productions. This is an extremely important and unapologetic requirement. No exceptions. If a student misses a mandatory dress or tech rehearsal, they WILL NOT be permitted to participate in the show. No refunds will be given on concert and/or costume fees.
Our performances are held in a professional theatre that includes fly-in and out backdrops, hot lights, busy stage hands, props, and sometimes moving equipment. For the safety and enjoyment of everybody involved, we require that every participant attend all in-theatre mandatory dress and tech rehearsals so they will be aware of all that is happening around them while in the performance space. We purposefully minimize the number of these rehearsals and announce them far in advance as a convenience to you. Please consult the Event Calendar at www.rpmdance.com and make note of rehearsal dates, so you can avoid conflicts. If you are unable to attend those rehearsals, please do not commit to the performances.
• In multiple performance events, for example, shows on Saturday AND Sunday, students are required to perform in ALL performances of that event. If a student misses the first performance, they WILL NOT be permitted to participate in the second. This is in consideration for the safety of other performers, as re-spacing is required when the number of performers changes in a scene or dance.
• Our Season commences at the beginning of September (with the school year) and concludes with the year-end concerts in the Spring of the following year.
• IMPORTANT - RPM dance cannot guarantee the supervision of children when they are not in class. For children's safety, parents are expected to provide supervision for their children during breaks between classes. Please refrain from leaving your children unattended at the studio. We highly discourage students from going into the parking lot, 7-Eleven, and the market without parental supervision. Parents, please come in to pick up your children rather than asking them to meet you in the parking lot. For modesty, we recommend that students wear cover-ups when outside the building. Our landlord has requested that we not block the flow of traffic in our parking lot. Please park your car when picking up students rather than waiting in your car out front.
• We provide drinking water for our students. We cannot guarantee cups for all students. Parents, please supply your children with closed top cups or bottles.
• We provide a student lounge where students can mingle, do their homework, or eat snacks/meals. Please encourage your children to clean up after themselves before going into class. Food left out on the table unattended during classes will be thrown out.
• Please do not eat, drink, or walk on the couches/furniture in the lounges.
• We provide a parent lounge where parents can comfortably wait for their children.
• Parents of teen-aged girls: Please instruct your daughters on the proper disposal of feminine products. Each year, we spend hundreds of unnecessary dollars, multiple times, cleaning out our bathroom pipes because of careless disposal. We provide bags and a specific canister in the main bathroom for this purpose. Help us to keep our prices reasonable by educating your children in this regard.
• Placement of students in classes, levels, and choreography, as well as all special performance opportunities, awards, solos, competitions, etc., is at the sole discretion of the artistic director.
• At RPM dance, we are aware that it is a privilege to dance! To that end, we are committed to a positive and disciplined environment. Students who are verbally reprimanded more than three times in class will be asked to sit for a time-out period. If disruptive behavior continues, students will be asked to exit the classroom until the next time the class meets. Repetitive unruly behavior is not permitted at RPM dance and violence of any kind will result in immediate removal from all classes. If the student is unresponsive to repeated disciplinary action, RPM dance reserves the right to remove a student from class indefinitely. Likewise, parents will be held to the same standard. We strive to maintain a positive and unified culture at RPM dance. Those who continually choose to disrupt operations, will respectfully be asked to leave.
• Students should arrive on time for class with their hair up and in proper dress code before class begins. Please check the dress code for specifics regarding hair. Students who are more than 15 minutes late for class without prior permission shall not be permitted to enter class.
• Please note there is a dress code at RPM dance. Copies are available at the front desk. Items in the dress code are available at Dance Outfitters at 1036 Volvo Parkway, Suite 1, Chesapeake, VA 23320-8601. RPM dance students receive 15% off. Please visit their website for more information about them. http://www.danceoutfitters.com/
• Missed classes are non-refundable. We allow students to make-up a missed class in the same discipline at a lower level, until the end of the next calendar month, if approved by the artistic director. If you are unsure of the class you should attend as a makeup, please consult the teacher of the class you missed. Make-up classes must be scheduled in advance with the front desk.
• Picture Days: Since instructors are present for the staging of class pictures, picture days are therefore treated as a regular class. IMPORTANT: Please note that students must have the proper shoes in order to participate in picture day and/or performances.
• Weather closings are NOT based on Suffolk Public Schools' inclement weather schedule. Instead, we post inclement weather closings on our Facebook page. Please check often for updates on those days. Weather closings are considered "acts of God" and do not require make-up days.
Parents, as always, we value your wisdom and input offered in a positive and constructive manner. We're looking forward to another great year!
• All tuition costs are averaged over the entire dance season so that each monthly rate is the same regardless of the number of actual meetings within a given month.
• Statements are emailed during the final week of the month as a reminder of upcoming automatic charges to your debit or credit card.
• Tuition is ALWAYS due on the first of each month and is automatically charged to the debit/credit card you provide at registration/enrollment. Tuition is Non-Refundable.
• If an automatic payment is rejected, you will be contacted via email, encouraged to update your credit card information and asked to run the payment again through the customer portal. We will not run your card a second time unless you request us to do it for you. Accounts unpaid after 12:00 AM on the 2nd of the month are automatically assessed a $20 late fee, regardless of the balance.
• Accounts with unpaid Tuition at the time their student(s)'s class meets for the second time in a month will not be allowed into class until their account is paid in full, including late fees. If a late fee is accrued on three different occasions in the same dance season, RPM dance reserves the right to remove the student(s) from classes for the remainder of the season.
• Classes dropped in the middle of the month are non-refundable. Please take advantage of our "Trial Class Policy" to avoid paying for classes that are not a good fit. Our Trial Class Policy allows you to try any class once before committing. We encourage you to try many different classes until you find the ones you enjoy the most. It's a great way to see where you "fit" and you only pay for the class if you like it.
• Transferring from one class to another must be approved by the instructor or Artistic Director.
• Be sure to let us know, in writing, by the 15th of the current month, if you have decided to make a change in the upcoming month. Adhering to this policy will help us bill you accurately each month.
• Private Lesson Fees are always due at the time of lesson. No exceptions. Late fees apply. If a check is not received at the time of the lesson, your card will be charged the same day.
• We accept cash, personal checks, cashier's checks, money orders, and secure online debit/credit card payments.
• There is a $35 fee for all returned checks. After the second returned check, you may be required to pay in cash, by debit/credit card, cashier's check or money order.
• Please make checks payable to RPM dance and in the memo section of each check please put your child's name and the nature of the payment. Check payments may be dropped off in the payment box in the hallway, at the front desk during business hours, or mailed to: RPM dance, 3885 Bridge Road, Suffolk, VA 23435.