Long's School of Dance RULES and REGULATIONS
We at Long's are committed to provide a quality dance education to all of our students in a fun and supportive environment. The safety of all our participants is our number one goal. For that reason, please review and keep these Rules and Regulations. We are always available to answer any questions.
General Rules 1. All students are required to have a signed Release Form prior to participating. 2. No entry to the studios or any equipment by non-participants will be allowed. A participant is a student, a parent, or an adult enrolled in a class. 3. No individual is permitted in the dance studios or on equipment without an instructor's supervision. 4. No Running. RUNNING IS UNACCEPTABLE, except as directed by the instructor. 5. Gum chewing is not permitted during any class. 6. Food and/or beverages other than water are not permitted in the dance studios or near the equipment and must be consumed outside of scheduled class times. 7. No smoking is permitted on premises. 8. Remove all jewelry prior to class, including earrings. We are not responsible for lost articles. 9. Proper attire is required. Loose clothing is not permitted. Please see our Dress Code for more information. 10. Long hair must be tied back. 11. Respectful social behavior is expected of all students. Unacceptable behavior includes cutting in front of others, pushing, hitting and bad language. Participants who are continually disruptive will be asked to leave. 12. If you leave class, you must tell your instructor. This includes going to the bathroom or for early dismissal. 13. When class is dismissed, no student under the age of 16 is permitted to leave the building without a caretaker, parent or guardian. Students waiting to be picked up must wait inside the building. A parent or guardian must inform the instructor and/or office staff in writing if a student has permission to leave the studio without an adult caretaker. 14. A parent or guardian must inform the instructor and/or office staff in writing if a student has any food allergies or medical conditions, including those that may inhibit their performance during class.
Injuries and Illnesses 1. If at any time you feel unusual pain or discomfort, please report this to your instructor immediately. 2. In case of accident or injury, Long's School of Dance cannot be held responsible. Should medical care be required, the parents' or the dancer's personal medical insurance would be responsible. You must read and sign a Release Form prior to your student attending classes. 3. If a student is unable to dance, but is feeling well enough to attend class, we expect them to participate by observing so that they will retain key elements of class. Students who feel ill, have a fever, or are exhibiting "contagious" cold symptoms should stay home and rest. Cases of prolonged absence due to illness or injury should be discussed with the instructor and/or the Dance Director. 4. A student who has an open sore/wound will not be permitted in the dance studios or on equipment.
Advancement and Progression 1. We offer a graded syllabus in all performing arts subjects. All students are placed according to age and ability. For maximum progress, we strongly encourage students to train twice weekly. 2. Dancers are expected to maintain a high level of attendance. Regular attendance helps build strength and lessens the risk of injury. Roll will be taken for each class. If a dancer has an excessive amount of absences, the teacher may advise the dancer to move down a level. 3. Instructors will assess each dancer. Advancement to the next level is based on individual progress in class and the level of understanding and maturity demonstrated in class. Any questions regarding your dancer's progression should be addressed in a scheduled parent/teacher conference. 4. The Dance Director must approve any student who wishes to begin training en pointe.
Observation 1. Minors are not allowed to observe without adult supervision. 2. ABSOLUTELY NO RUNNING. Disruptive adults and/or minors will be asked to leave the building. 3. For the safety of our students and to protect the privacy of all our participants - PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO TAPING ARE NOT PERMITTED! 4. A designated "Parent Visitation Week" will be assigned for one week each semester to allow parents an opportunity to observe their dancer in a classroom setting. If you wish to observe your dancer at a time other than during the designated "Parent Visitation Week," please contact the school or the instructor prior to the day of the class you wish to observe. #
Long's School of Dance ACKNOWLEDGMENT ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
This is a legally binding document. It waives and releases certain legal rights. Please read it carefully before signing it.
I wish to participate in classes and/or activities offered by Long's School of Dance (hereafter "Long's" or "Released Parties"). These activities include but are not limited to Tiny Tots, Broadway Babies, Juniors, Seniors, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Acrobatics, Ballet, Pointe, Tap, Irish, Contemporary, Modern, Latin Fusion, and/or Qi Gong (hereafter referred to as the "Activity"), with Long's School of Dance, which studies, practices and trains at the facilities located at 826 Selinger Avenue, Erie, Pennsylvania, 2640 East 38th Street, Erie Pennsylvania, 7378 West Ridge Road, Fairview, Pennsylvania, 14679 Gourley Road, Waterford, Pennsylvania, 5390 Route 6NW, Edinboro, Pennsylvania, 2556 Maple Avenue, Lake City, Pennsylvania, 105 Concord Street, Union City, Pennsylvania, and other locations.
1. I represent that I understand the nature of the activity and that I am qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I acknowledge and agree that if I believe any condition of the activity is unsafe, that I will immediately discontinue participation in the activity.
2. I understand and acknowledge that my participation in the activities described above exposes me to risk of personal injury, including serious personal injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and/or death, and loss or damage to personal property. I understand that the dangers and risks of practicing or participating in the above activity may not only result in serious injury, but in a serious impairment of my future abilities to earn a living, to engage in other business, social and recreational activities and generally to enjoy life. I accept all the risks of participating in or observing such activities, even if they are created by the carelessness or negligence of a Released Party or anyone else. The risks to which I may be exposed include, but are not limited to accidental injury from any equipment used in the activity. I EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE that may result from my participation in all such activities.
3. In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the activities listed above, I and my heirs, executors, administrators, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Long's and its related entities (specifically including, but not limited to, Jam-Jer, Inc., d/b/a Long's School of Dance, Jayson Realty, Inc., Long's Performing Arts Team, LLC, and their owners, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, volunteers and affiliates (also included within the definition of "Released Parties") from any and all liability, known or unknown, past, present, or future, for personal injury, death, property damage, medical expenses, or other losses CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY of the Released Parties, and I hereby RELEASE AND WAIVE such claims.
4. I also agree NOT TO SUE OR MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES now or at any time in the future, or allow anyone to do so on my behalf, for personal injury, death, or property damage sustained as a result of my participation or status as a student. I will indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from all claims, judgments and costs, including attorneys' fees, incurred in connection with any such claim or claims.
5. I further agree to familiarize myself with Long's Rules and Regulations and to comply with both the letter and the spirit of these Rules and Regulations.
6. I fully understand and agree that Long's, at its sole discretion, may terminate my involvement as a participant at any time and for any reason.
7. I verify that no warranties or representations have been made to me concerning the activities both stated and not stated in this Agreement. I understand and intend that this document act as the broadest and most inclusive assumption of risk, waiver, release of liability, agreement not to sue and indemnity as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, I agree that the rest of it shall continue in full force and effect.
8. I hereby give consent to Long's to copyright, publish, use, sell or assign any and all photographic portraits or pictures, television spots, movie films, videotapes, and/or sound records or any part thereof, that they may take or make of me during my work as a volunteer or participate in which I may be included in whole or in part, whether separate from or in conjunction with, illustrative or written manner, story or news items, motion pictures, television or radio spots, or for publicity, advertising or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in conjunction with my name or in anonymity. I hereby waive any right I may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied. I hereby release and waive all claims for compensation of such use or for damages.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. I HAVE HAD ALL OF MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED TO MY SATISFACTION BY LONG'S AND KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY ASSUME ALL RISKS. I INTEND TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, AS WELL I, ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR-PARTICIPANT, HEREBY AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND PROVISIONS STATED ON THE ABOVE PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT.