2019-2020 POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Standing Ovation is excited for your participation in our programs. Our 3-fold mission for our students is as follows:
1. Improve Self-Esteem through the Performing Arts
2. Develop Life Skills (teamwork, communication, concentration, memory, comprehension, problem solving, creativity, academic abilities etc.) through the Performing Arts
3. Build Performing Arts Techniques
In order for us to accomplish these objectives, we ask that you abide by the following guidelines.
• DROP-OFF & PICK-UP: Parents/rides, please wait outside or in the lobby during classes. Parents and guests are invited to attend class to observe during the last week of each 8-week session. Standing Ovation will not be responsible for children left more than 15 minutes before or after class, children leaving the interior premises, or loss or damage to personal property. Please remind your child to stay in the building until a parent or approved pick-up person has entered the building to retrieve the student.
• ATTENDANCE: Because of the group activities and on-going lessons in our curriculum, please make every effort to attend every class and to be on time. If you are unable to attend a class, please call 561.734.0187 or e-mail email@example.com with as much advance notice as possible so that arrangements can be made for any scenes or numbers you are involved in. Excused absences (that have been called in) can be made up within 7 days by attending another class. Please call to reserve space in make-up classes.
• STUDIO SCHEDULE: This has changed from prior years. We no longer follow the Palm Beach County School Calendar! Please read carefully and mark your calendars accordingly. Standing Ovation will not hold regular 8-week classes on 9/4, 10/31, 11/10, 11/20-26, 12/23-1/7, 1/15, 2/16, & 3/19-3/26. Please note that the production rehearsal schedules and audition workshops do not follow this same schedule! Please check class paperwork for details. There may be some minor adjustments to the class schedules for production rehearsals and performances.
• DRESS CODE: Students, please wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. Shoes must be closed-toed with backs. Please play close attention to any costume notes that may come home.
• TUITION: Tuition can be paid in full at registration or on scheduled monthly payment dates. There may be discounts for paying in full, in advance. There is a $25 fee on all returned checks. A valid credit card (or deposit equivalent to 1 month tuition) must be provided at registration to secure the spot in the class or workshop. The card will be charged the first month's payment OR the full amount (as indicated by the parent on the registration form) when registration is received. Registrations without deposits are not complete until the deposit is received. The card will be charged for the tuition amount and late fee if payment is not received by the 5th of the month. A yearly $25 registration fee will be added to each student's account on registration and after August 15th of each year.
• ADD/DROP CLASSES: If you are interested in adding additional classes, please reserve space in a free trial class by registering through this parent portal or notifying Standing Ovation staff. Depending on the class, some classes may allow students to add during an 8-week session. Missed classes should be made up as soon as possible by attending another similar class. Withdrawal must be done in writing a month before services are rendered. Tuition is non-refundable.
• COSTUMES & PROPS: There are no additional fees for costumes and props for classes but you may be asked to bring or wear something from home. If you are unable to find an item, please contact us immediately and we can help.
• BEHAVIOR POLICY: Standing Ovation Performing Arts reserves the right to dismiss any student and/or parent whose attitude, conduct, or payment record is found to be unsatisfactory by our administration.
• PLACEMENT: Students are placed in classes according to teacher recommendations and formal evaluations. In order to be considered for a higher level class, you must achieve evaluation scores high enough for that level.
• REWARD PROGRAM: Students in Standing Ovation classes will be awarded "SHAKESPEARES" when they show up to class on time, wear appropriate attire, have a positive attitude and exhibit other important LIFE SKILLS that are reinforced through our classes. Shakespeares can also be awarded for bringing a friend to class, referring a friend to Standing Ovation, attending live productions, etc. "Shakespeares" can be redeemed in "The Globe" store for toys, books, posters and other fun rewards!
I hereby assign and grant to Standing Ovation Performing Arts, LLC the right and permission to use and publish the photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings made of the below listed student for the 2017-2018 fiscal years during any classes, camps, workshops, activities, birthday parties, events, etc. I hereby release Standing Ovation Performing Arts, LLC from any and all liability from such use and publication.
I hereby authorize the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Standing Ovation Performing Arts, LLC and I specifically waive any right to any compensation I may have for any of the foregoing.
Liability Release Form
I understand that there are risks of physical injury associated with, arising out of and inherent to the activities at Standing Ovation Performing Arts, LLC. In recognition of this acknowledged risk of injury, I knowingly and voluntarily waive all right and/ or causes of action of any kind, including any and all claims of negligence arising as a result of such activity from which liability could accrue to Standing Ovation Performing Arts, LLC, it's officers, agents, employees, instructors, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and all affiliated entities (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Standing Ovation".
I hereby agree to release Standing Ovation and hold harmless of allliability, and hereby acknowledge that I knowingly and voluntarily assume full responsibility for all risks of physical injury arising out of active participation in activities on behalf of the participant. I am aware that this is a release of liability and an acknowledgement of my voluntary and knowing
assumption of the risk of injury. I have signed this document voluntarily and of my own free will in exchange for the privilege of participation.
If I am a minor, my parent and / or legal guardian has also signed this document releasing Standing Ovation from any and all such liability described above and has acknowledged that I am knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of injury inherent to this activity.
The participant has my permission to participate in Standing Ovation. I warrant the above information is complete and correct. I further release Standing Ovation of all liabilities associated with my child's attendance at Standing Ovation.