In consideration of my child's participation in the Gym Starz, LLC classes, events, and activities, I agree to be bound by the following:
-Eligibility; I agree to comply with the rules of Gym Starz, LLC.
-Readiness; My child will only participate in those classes, events, competitions, and activities for which I believe he/she is physically and psychologically prepared. Prior to participation, he/she will have practiced their exercises and will perform only those exercises which they have accomplished to the degree of confidence necessary to assure that they can perform them themselves, and without injury.
-Medical Attention; I hereby give my consent to the Gym Starz, LLC and/or the host organization to provide, through a medical staff of its choice, customary medical/athletic training attention, transportation, and emergency medical services as warranted in the course of my child's participation.
-Classes: I understand that Gym Starz, LLC reserves the right to change, cancel or modify classes at any time.
- Tuition: I hereby agree that I have read and understand the tuition policy as stated in the handbook. I further understand that no refunds will be given to me if any of the aforementioned procedures are not adhered to by me and no refunds are to be given for competitive tuition or other competitive fees as stated above.
-Waiver and Release; I am fully aware of and appreciate the risks, including the risk of catastrophic injury, paralysis, and even death, as well as other damages and losses associated with participation in gymnastics activities and events. I agree to indemnify and hold the Gym Starz, LLC, its employees and officers harmless from and against any and all liability for any injury that may be suffered by the aforementioned individual arising out of or in any way connected with participation in this activity. I further agree the sponsor of any Gym Starz, LLC event, along with the employees, agents, officers, and directors of these organizations shall not be liable for any losses or damages occurring as a result of the aforementioned individual's participation in the event. I also understand that all tuition and competition fees are non-refundable and that a $40 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
As legal parent or guardian of this athlete, I hereby verify by my signature below that I fully understand and accept each of the above conditions for permitting my child to participate in classes, events, competitions, and activities conducted by Gym Starz, LLC.
1. Students should be ready to start class at the scheduled time: Please do not drop your child off at the gym more than 5 minutes prior to their class start time. Please be on time to pick your child up after class is dismissed. We are unable to provide staff to attend to your child and provide for their safety for extended periods before class begins or after class is dismissed. Please come into the facility to pick up your child and remind your child to wait inside the building for your arrival. If, on the rare occasion, you will be late picking up your child, please notify us at 697-1221.
2. Gymnastics attire for your child's safety: Girls should wear a leotard without tights or shorts and a t-shirt. No loose fitting or very tight clothing is allowed. No belts, buckles or large snaps/buttons should be worn. Bare feet are encouraged on the floor, socks are not needed. Long hair must be securely tied back--away from the face and out of the eyes. No jewelry, except for post earrings, should be worn in the gym. Boys should wear shorts and a t-shirt. Baggy clothes and jeans are not acceptable.
4. Withdrawal from Class: We require written notification to inform us of a student's withdrawal two (2) weeks prior to their last class. Correspondence must include the child's name, current class, and date of withdrawal. This notification can be mailed, hand-delivered to the office, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a child is withdrawn, we do not hold their placement in class should you choose to return at a later date. However, we will do our best to accommodate you, just as we would any new member.
5. Absences: Please do not send sick children to the gym. When a parent/guardian notifies Gym Starz, LLC that their child has a communicable disease, Gym Starz, LLC reserves the right to require medical clearance prior to his/her return to class to maintain the health and safety of its students and staff. You must notify the gym office if your child will be absent from class via email or phone call. After TWO consecutive absences from class without notification to the gym office, the child will be automatically withdrawn from class. Unless prior arrangements have been made, you are responsible for the tuition for these two classes--as we have held your child's place on the class roster.
6. Improper Behavior: Undisciplined or misbehaved students will be dismissed from the gym for safety reasons.
7. Make-Up Classes: We do not offer make-ups for competitive students (this 2 Hours Jr and Sr.'s along with the 4 hour group). If your child is enrolled in the recreational program, each child will be entitled to a maximum of (2) make-up classes per month. Make-up classes must be scheduled in advance with the office. Outstanding fees or tuition automatically render your child ineligible for a make-up class. This policy does not apply to camps.
8. Lost and Found: Gym Starz, LLC takes no responsibility for theft or loss of, or damage to, students' personal effects brought onto its premises. It is important that students safeguard their personal belongings. Label clothing so it may be returned if it is misplaced. There is a lost-and-found bin in the lobby. Please check there for lost items. The items are donated every month if they are not claimed.
9. Parents or unregistered children are not permitted in the designated gym area at any time. If you have questions or concerns, please address them to the office. Class observation is available from the lobby. No flash photography is permitted in the gym during class time to ensure the safety of all gymnasts.
10. Gym Closing: Should the gym close unexpectedly due to weather or emergency conditions, we will announce the closing on our website, Facebook, and the gym voicemail and are eligible for make-ups if tuition is current. Scheduled gym closings are communicated in advance and are not eligible for make-ups, nor is tuition pro-rated.
11. Class Changes: Gym Starz, LLC reserves the right to change, cancel or modify any classes at any time.
3. Monthly Tuition: Tuition is due on the 1st of every month regardless of gym closings, holidays and absences. Payments may be made in the office, online, or sent via mail to 155 Commerce Way, Suite D, Dover DE 19901. Tuition is non-refundable for competitive gymnasts. Recreational gymnasts may receive partial refunds if written notification policy (see below) has been adhered to. All refunds are at the sole discretion of Gym Starz, LLC Ownership.
Payment Methods - Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover
A $15.00 late fee will be assessed per child on the 8th of the each and every month there is an outstanding balance
Returned checks will be assessed a $40.00 fee
Multi-class and multi-child discounts are available -- please contact the office for more information