Jump, Move, Dance follows the Carroll County School District for day time classes on all weather related closures and will close accordingly HOWEVER, we will make a final call by 2pm on school closure days whether we will be open or not in the evening. Please stay alert to your e-mail or our social media pages for updates. Classes can be made up by attending another class of a similar level.
~ All classes will meet at least 33 times in the 10 month season. We will not reschedule classes due to weather cancellation, however, if a certain day is missed enough and that class drops below the 33 guaranteed classes, we will schedule a weather make up day.
1. Dancers are expected to be kind, courteous, and respectful of teachers and peers at all times.
2. Dancers will abide by the dress code for each class.
3. No street shoes are allowed in the dance classrooms.
4. At no time are dancers permitted to have gum during class.
5. The only food or drink permitted in the classrooms is water.
All students enrolled in a Jazz or Lyrical/Contemporary Class are required to take one ballet class per week.
All students enrolled in Pointe are required to take TWO ballet classes per week.
All students enrolled in Jumps, Leaps, and Turns, or Ballet Technique, must take one additional ballet class every week.
These requirements are for the safety of the dancers and to improve their technique and knowledge to help them succeed in other styles.
Students are expected to come to class prepared to learn. Dancers must be in form fitting athletic clothing and hair neatly pulled back away from the face and neck. Appropriate shoes must be worn in each class. A full dress code can be found on our website in the "Parent Corner" Tab. No loose or distracting jewelry should be worn to class
1. All students, parents, and faculty of Jump, Move, Dance are expected to be positive, encouraging, and professional at all times.
2. No street shoes are allowed in the dance classrooms.
3. There is a NO GOSSIP policy at JMD that is taken very seriously, our classrooms and lobby areas are not the place to be negative. If there is a problem please seek the director and bring it to her attention immediately so that it can be handled properly.
4. Please do not discuss the abilities of any students other than your own. Our faculty will abide by this and we ask that you respect that.
5. At all events including recitals, competitions, and any other performances we expect that both our dancers and parents are respectful and courteous.
Jump, Move, Dance reserves the right to dismiss anyone who does not comply with the Code of Conduct.