Rules & Policies
Welcome to The Gym Nest! We are glad you have chosen our gym for the development of your child(ren)'s talents and abilities. The following list of rules and policies is designed to make The Gym Nest a safe, happy place. Feel free to contact us at any time.
1. Tuition is due within the first 5 business days of the start of the session. There is a $15 late fee for tuition received after the first 5 business days of each session. Full payment is due each session with no exception for illness or any other reason. Please remember, with the exception of the pay-as-you go classes, you are paying for your child(ren)'s space in the class, not the number of times your child attends.
2. There is a 10% discount for paying for the entire school term (6 sessions) in advance. Payment must be made by the 5th business day of Session 1.
3. Discounts are available for more than one child in a family. Additional siblings receive 10% off session tuition.
4. When paying by check, please include your child's name (first and last), class day and time on your check to ensure proper credit.
5. There will be a $30.00 charge on all returned checks.
6. TGN offers scheduled make-up classes . Make-ups must be scheduled in advance through the office. Once a withdrawal form is received all remaining make-ups are forfeited.
7. You are registering your child for the Aug 2017-May 2018 School Term. If a student wishes to withdraw from his/her class, a TGN Withdrawal Form must submitted to the office 10 business days prior to the end of the current session or you will continue to be responsible for the remaining School Term session tuition fees. The billing process will continue until a withdrawal form is received in the office. You will be responsible for any and all collection fees if necessary. Please do not have the child tell the instructor s/he is withdrawing. The withdrawal process must go through the office using the proper form and must be completed by the parent or guardian. Verbal withdrawals will NOT be accepted.
8. Dress Code-Girls must wear leotards. Convertible tights should only be worn by the Dance Combo students. Boys, Tumbling students, and Cheerleaders must wear gym shorts (with no zipper or buttons, elastic waistbands only) or sweatpants with T-Shirts. This is for the safety of the participant as well as protection of the equipment and instructor.
9. All long hair must be arranged so as not to interfere with the performance of the participant.
10. No jewelry may be worn during class. This is for the safety of the participant as well as protection of the equipment and instructor. The Gym Nest and The Gym Nest Staff members will not be responsible for valuables left in the facility. Instructors cannot be expected to keep up with personal items.
11. Absolutely no gum, candy, food, etc. in the mouth during class. This is for the safety of the participant as well as protection of the equipment.
12. No one is allowed on equipment before or after class without permission.
13. In order to efficiently serve our students and for the safety of your child, do not leave your child unsupervised for more than 10 minutes prior to class. Please be prompt in picking up your child after class. This again is for the safety of your child. If a staff member is required to stay late with your child, additional charges will be billed to your account. ($5.00 for each 15 minute interval). Please remind your child to sit in the lobby and not to go outside without you or the person responsible for pick up.
14. To avoid confusion, if your child is to ride home with anyone other than you, make sure your child knows the arrangements. In the case of a special pick up, it is the parent's/guardians' responsibility to notify the office and submit the proper paperwork.
15. For the safety of everyone involved, no tumbling/acrobatic activity is permitted in the waiting room, party rooms, or observation area.
16. Observation etiquette:
• Please do not speak with your child while he/she is in class. Please remind your child not to try to talk to you during class.
• If your child is misbehaving, please allow the instructor to correct the situation. You may discuss the situation with your child after class.
• Please remain in the balcony during observation, only instructors and enrolled students are allowed on the floor.
• In the event of an injury please allow the instructor to handle the situation. A TGN Staff member will escort the parent/guardian to the floor, if needed.
• In consideration of others and for safety reasons, do not let children run or play on the stairs, in the balcony, lobby, concession stand, or storage room areas.
17. The Gym Nest reserves the right to cancel any class.
18. Insurance carried by The Gym Nest is a secondary policy only with its own deductible. You must file on your insurance policy first.
19. We follow the Bibb County Public School System schedule concerning closings due to inclement weather. Holiday closings are announced in the schedule.
20. The drive-thru in front of the building is for dropping off students only. You may not park there at any time. Please be considerate of others by following this rule.
21. Do not park in Marked-off Areas. Handicap parking spaces are reserved for those with a handicap placard or tag.
22. The Gym Nest is NOT responsible for items that are lost, left, or stolen.
23. For participants under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian is responsible for warning the participant about the dangers of the activities and potential for injury. The parent/guardian should warn the child according to what the parent/guardian feels is appropriate. TGN will only warn the child through "Safety Messages" and our teaching style and progressions.
24. Parents/guardians or the participant will have and maintain proper hospitalization, health, and accident coverage they consider adequate the participants and/or parent/guardian's protection.
Any activity involving motion or height creates the possibility of serious injury, including permanent paralysis and even death from landing or falling on head or neck.
The participant assumes a risk of serious injury in the use of equipment, but this risk can be significantly reduced by always following these simple rules:
1. Use ONLY under the supervision of a TGN instructor.
2. KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS. The participant should follow the instructor's directions and should not attempt a higher level skill because s/he thinks s/he can. Always consult instructor.
3. The equipment MUST be used with proper mats, spotting equipment, and qualified spotters.
LIABILITY RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: Prior to participation, this form must be signed by at least one of the participant's parents or legal guardians if the participant is not yet 18 years old. Participant's signatures are required if 18 years of age or older.
In consideration of The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics' (known as TGN) allowing the participant to participate in sports activity, non-sports activity, class, competition, team including, but not limited to, gymnastics and/or non-gymnastics activities such as dance, cheerleading, swimming, and obstacle course activities (hereinafter referred to as the "Activity"), I, and if I am not yet 18 years old my parents or legal guardians, agree to be bound as follows (the term "I" in this release refers to both the participant and his or her parents or legal guardians):
(1) Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risks. I understand that the Activity involves risks of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by the participant's actions or inactions, those of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, the negligence of the "Released Parties" named below, or other causes. I further understand that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time. I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, cost and damages that may result from the Activity. I hereby give my approval of and consent to the participant's participation in the Activity. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to the Activity and to transportation to and from the Activity.
(2) Representation of Ability to Participate. I understand the nature of the Activity, and I represent that the participant is qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity. Should I ever believe that any of the above representations have become untrue, or if I should ever believe that the Activity is not safe or is no longer safe for the participant, then it will be my responsibility immediately to discontinue the participant's participation in the Activity.
(3) Medical Attention. I fully understand that The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics staff members are not physicians or medical practitioners of any kind. I hereby give my consent to TGN staff to render temporary first aid to my child in the event of any injury or illness, and if deemed necessary by TGN staff, to seek medical help, including transportation by TGN staff member or designee and/or the calling of an ambulance for the participant.
(4) Release. I hereby release, acquit, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics, its owners, officers, administrators, employees, agents, volunteers, sponsors, advertisers, coaches and supervisors, and the owners or lessors of any facilities within which the Activity is conducted, their respective agents and employees and all other persons providing facilities or assisting in the conduct of the Activity and in the transportation of participants to and from the Activity (collectively the "Released Parties") of and from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, liability, losses or damages of whatever name or nature, including but not limited to those arising from or in any way related to the negligence of any of the Released Parties, that arise out of or are connected in any way to the participant's participation in the Activity and the transportation of the above named participant to and from the Activity (collectively the "Released Claims").
(5) Indemnification. I will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from (that is, to reimburse and be responsible for) any loss or damage, including but not limited to costs and reasonable attorney's fees (including the cost of any claim I might make or that might be made on my behalf or the participant's behalf that is released in this document), arising out of or connected in any way with any of the Released Claims.
(6) Publicity Rights. I (or, if I am under 18 years of age, my parent/guardian) grant The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics permission to record, use and edit my name, voice, photograph, image, likeness, performance and any and all biographical information submitted by me. TGN may reproduce, create derivative works, distribute, publicly perform and display, and sell said recording in any and all formats or media, whether now known or yet to be discovered or developed, as well as use said recording in advertising, marketing or promoting TGN or its events and programs. All permissions granted by me shall be irrevocable and effective in perpetuity and throughout the world, and apply to TGN and its assigns, contractors, sub-licensees, distributors, successors, and agents. I have read and understand this release, and it is binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
(7) Personal Items. I understand The Gym Nest is not responsible for personal items left or lost at The Gym Nest.
I have read the Rules, Policies, and Warning and agree to abide by all rules and conditions set forth therein and to accept the judgment of the program officials in this regard.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, REPRESENTATION OF ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. I AM EXECUTING THIS DOCUMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS SIGNIFICANCE.