Welcome to The Gym Nest! We are glad you have chosen our facility for the development of your child(ren)'s abilities. The following list of rules and policies is designed to make The Gym Nest a safe, happy place.
1a. As of this moment, TGN offers scheduled make-up classes for the School Term. Make-ups must be scheduled in advance. Once a withdrawal form is received all remaining make-ups are forfeited. School Term make-up policy could change at any moment with social distancing in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines and directives.
1b. NO MAKE-UPS FOR MISSED CLASSES IN THE SUMMER.
2. Please limit the amount of extra clothes and other items brought into the building during this time. Dress Code-Girls must wear leotards. Skirts are not allowed (even when attached to the leotard). Convertible tights should only be worn by the Dance Combo students. Boys, Tumbling students, and Cheerleaders must wear gym shorts (with no zipper or buttons, elastic waistbands only) or sweatpants with T-Shirts. This is for the safety of the participant as well as protection of the equipment and instructor.
3. All long hair must be arranged to not interfere with the performance of the participant. (Pulled back and secured with flat clips and a rubber band in a ponytail is best.) Beads will hurt your child's head as she rolls. They also break and hurt other's feet as they step on them.
4. No jewelry may be worn (except flat stud earrings). This is for the safety of the participant as well as protection of the equipment and instructor. The Gym Nest and The Gym Nest Staff members will not be responsible for valuables left in the facility. Instructors cannot be expected to keep up with personal items.
5. Absolutely no gum, candy, food, etc. in the mouth during class. This is for the safety of the participant as well as protection of the equipment.
6. No one is allowed on equipment before or after class without permission.
7. At this time and in accordance with the New Protocols/Procedures (Summer 2020), please do not arrive more than 7 minutes prior to class. Please wait outside until a TGN instructor is available to open the door and start taking temperatures and distribute hand sanitizer. Do NOT leave your child outside unsupervised. Please be prompt in picking up your child after class. Students will NOT be allowed to walk outside to the parking lot alone. You will need to meet them at the door. This again is for the safety of your child. If a staff member is required to stay late with your child, additional charges will be billed to your account. ($5.00 for each 15 minute interval). Please remind your child to stand in the lobby and not to go outside without you or the person responsible for pick up.
8. To avoid confusion, if your child is to ride home with anyone other than you, make sure your child knows the arrangements. In the case of a special pick up, it is the parent's/guardians' responsibility to notify the office and submit the proper paperwork.
9. For the safety of everyone involved, no tumbling/acrobatic activity is permitted in the waiting room, party rooms, observation area, parking lot, front, side lawn, etc.
10. Observation etiquette: In accordance with the New Policies/Procedures (Summer 2020), to minimize the population in the building, dropping off before class and picking up after class would help with classes starting and ending on time as well as allowing more instruction during class time. If this is not an option for you, we request that only ONE parent per student observes class. No other siblings or additional family members are permitted to observe class. The balcony (both standing and seating areas) have been marked off and once they are full, no one else is permitted to be in the observation area.)
• Please do not speak with your child while he/she is in class. Please remind your child not to try to talk to you during class.
• If your child is misbehaving, please allow the instructor to correct the situation. You may discuss the situation with your child after class.
• If staying to watch your child(ren) during class, please remain in the observation area during class, only instructors and enrolled students are allowed on the floor.
• In the event of an injury please allow the instructor to handle the situation. A TGN Staff member will escort the parent/guardian to the floor, if needed.
• (not an option at this time) In consideration of others and for safety reasons, do not let children run or play on the stairs, seating area, walk ways, lobby, concession stand, or storage room areas.
11. The Gym Nest reserves the right to cancel any class.
12. Insurance carried by The Gym Nest is a secondary policy only with its own deductible. You must file
on your insurance policy first.
13. We will likely follow the Bibb County Public School System schedule concerning closings due to inclement weather. Please check our Facebook, Instagram pages and look for an email. TGN Holiday closings are announced in our schedule.
14. The drive-thru in front of the building is for dropping off/picking up students only. You may not park there at any time. Please be considerate of others by following this rule. Also, when using the drive-thru, please enter (the 2nd drive when turning from Mercer Univ Dr) so that the driver is closer to the front door/building and the passenger remains closer to the front lawn. The drive-thru may be closed at any time which would require a parent to park, walk child(ren) to the door, and wait with them until temperature is checked.
15. Do not park in Marked-off Areas. Handicap parking spaces are reserved for those with a handicap placard or tag.
16. The Gym Nest and The Gym Nest staff is NOT responsible for items that are lost, left, or stolen.
17. For participants under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian is responsible for warning the participant about the dangers of the activities and potential for injury. The parent/guardian should warn the child according to what the parent/guardian feels is appropriate. TGN will only warn the child through "Safety Messages" and our teaching style and progressions. To this extent, the participants, through their respective parents and/or guardians, assume the risk of injury.
18. Parents/guardians or the participant will have and maintain proper hospitalization, health, and accident coverage they consider adequate the participants and/or parent/guardian's protection.
Rules and Policies/WARNING
Any activity involving motion or height creates the possibility of serious injury, including permanent paralysis and even death from landing or falling on head or neck.
The participant assumes a risk of serious injury in the activity and use of equipment, but this risk can be significantly reduced by always following these simple rules:
1. Use ONLY under the supervision of a TGN instructor.
2. KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS. The participant should follow the instructor's directions and should not attempt a higher level skill because s/he thinks s/he can. Always consult instructor.
3. The equipment MUST be used with proper mats, spotting equipment, and qualified spotters.
LIABILITY RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: Prior to participation, this form must be signed by at least one of the participant's parents or legal guardians if the participant is not yet 18 years old. Participant's signatures are required if 18 years of age or older.
In consideration of The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics' (known as TGN) allowing the participant to participate in sports activity, non-sports activity, class, competition, team including, but not limited to, gymnastics and/or non-gymnastics activities such as dance, cheerleading, tumbling, Ninja, Parkour, swimming, and obstacle course activities (hereinafter referred to as the "Activity"), I, and if I am not yet 18 years old my parents or legal guardians, agree to be bound as follows (the term "I" in this release refers to both the participant and his or her parents or legal guardians):
(1) Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risks. I understand that the Activity involves risks of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by the participant's actions or inactions, those of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, the negligence of the "Released Parties" named below, or other causes. I further understand that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time. I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, cost and damages that may result from the Activity. I hereby give my approval of and consent to the participant's participation in the Activity. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to the Activity and to transportation to and from the Activity.
(2) Representation of Ability to Participate. I understand the nature of the Activity, and I represent that the participant is qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity. Should I ever believe that any of the above representations have become untrue, or if I should ever believe that the Activity is not safe or is no longer safe for the participant, then it will be my responsibility immediately to discontinue the participant's participation in the Activity.
(3) Medical Attention. I fully understand that The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics staff members are not physicians or medical practitioners of any kind. I hereby give my consent to TGN staff to render temporary first aid to my child in the event of any injury or illness, and if deemed necessary by TGN staff, to seek medical help, including transportation by TGN staff member or designee and/or the calling of an ambulance for the participant.
(4) Release. I hereby release, acquit, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics, its owners, officers, administrators, employees, agents, volunteers, sponsors, advertisers, coaches and supervisors, and the owners or lessors of any facilities within which the Activity is conducted, their respective agents and employees and all other persons providing facilities or assisting in the conduct of the Activity and in the transportation of participants to and from the Activity (collectively the "Released Parties") of and from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, liability, losses or damages of whatever name or nature, including but not limited to those arising from or in any way related to the negligence of any of the Released Parties, that arise out of or are connected in any way to the participant's participation in the Activity and the transportation of the above named participant to and from the Activity (collectively the "Released Claims").
(5) Indemnification. I will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from (that is, to reimburse and be responsible for) any loss or damage, including but not limited to costs and reasonable attorney's fees (including the cost of any claim I might make or that might be made on my behalf or the participant's behalf that is released in this document), arising out of or connected in any way with any of the Released Claims.
(6) Publicity Rights. I (or, if I am under 18 years of age, my parent/guardian) grant The Gym Nest School of Gymnastics permission to record, use and edit my name, voice, photograph, image, likeness, performance and any and all biographical information submitted by me. TGN may reproduce, create derivative works, distribute, publicly perform and display, and sell said recording in any and all formats or media, whether now known or yet to be discovered or developed, as well as use said recording in advertising, marketing or promoting TGN or its events and programs. All permissions granted by me shall be irrevocable and effective in perpetuity and throughout the world, and apply to TGN and its assigns, contractors, sub-licensees, distributors, successors, and agents. I have read and understand this release, and it is binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
(7) Personal Items. I understand The Gym Nest is not responsible for personal items left or lost at The Gym Nest.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to
The Gym Nest ("TGN") has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, TGN cannot guarantee that you, your child(ren), or other family members will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending TGN could increase your risk and your child(ren)'s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this Waiver, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending TGN, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at TGN could result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren), myself, or other family members (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)'s attendance at TGN or participation in TGN programming ("Claims"). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless TGN, its employees, agents, representatives, and consultants, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the TGN, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any TGN program.
I have read the Rules, Policies, and Warning and agree to abide by all rules and conditions set forth therein and to accept the judgment of the program officials in this regard.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, REPRESENTATION OF ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. I AM EXECUTING THIS DOCUMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS SIGNIFICANCE.
To maintain the recommended six foot (6') physical distancing requirement, The Gym Nest will be implementing the following short-term procedures for the safety of our children, families, and staff.
• Our office will remain closed. If you need to speak with someone, please call and leave a message. Speaking with an instructor before and after class might not be possible.
• Our class schedule and ratios have been reduced to minimize the population of the building.
• We encourage everyone to wash hands and use the bathroom before traveling to class if at all possible to limit people in the bathroom.
• Sick children will not be permitted to participate in class. If your child has a cough, runny nose, or fever, STAY HOME. If your child shows up with any of these or other symptoms, the staff will politely ask you to leave.
• We ask that you wait outside and do not enter the building until a TGN instructor is standing at the door. Temperatures will be checked for anyone entering the building. Any temperature of 100.4° or higher will not be allowed to enter. Additionally, you may also be required to wear a mask.
• Everyone must use Hand Sanitizer upon entering and exiting the building. You may send your child with personal hand sanitizer that can be used more frequently.
• The lobby and dance room are empty. All chairs, tables, and matting have been removed. Both floors will be marked for social distancing requirements. This is where students will stand/sit while waiting for class to begin.
• Observation: To minimize the population in the building, dropping off before class and picking up after class would help with classes starting and ending on time as well as allowing more instruction during class time. If this is not an option for you, we request that only ONE parent per student observes class. No other siblings or additional family members are permitted to observe class. The balcony (both standing and seating areas) have been marked off and once they are full, no one else is permitted to be in the observation area.
• Water Fountain and Drink Machine will not be used. Please bring a sealed water bottle (only plain water) from home with your child' s name on the bottle. Bottles left will be put in the lost & found and disposed of if not claimed in one week.
• Staggered Class Times (15 min): This will allow the staff to disinfect high touch areas throughout the gym before the next classes arrive. To help us make this happen, please avoid arriving to class more than 7 minutes early and also lingering in the bathroom, balcony, and lobby after class.
• Due to the nature of the sport and our mission to make safety our #1 priority, it is necessary for you to understand our spotting policy. Our staff will spot (physically assist) when the circumstances require it. Spotting our students and athletes is often necessary in order to teach skills safely, to help athletes perform skills correctly, and to mitigate injury. TGN is operating in a social and physical distancing environment, but even with the best efforts and intentions there will be times when the coaches and children will breach the prescribed distancing recommendation. I understand and agree that spotting will be part of the learning process at TGN and I agree to permit my child's coach to physically assist my child when needed. Direct assistance will be provided in the event of an injury
Thank you for trusting us with your child(ren). Here at THE NEST, we have the best job in the world...Helping Children Soar to New Heights!