Essence Dance Academy (EDA) shall promote the student's spirit through dedication, determination, and pure skill as it represents EDA and schools that we host in dance competitions and community showcases. It shall also serve as a foundation for the growth of each member physically and mentally. They will learn team building and human relation skills, time management, and an understanding of self-respect as well as dance technique and performance skills.
Article I - Dance Rehearsals
Section A: Members will be expected to practice and dress out every scheduled rehearsal.
Section B: Absence from practice, whether excused or unexcused will result in the following consequences: More than 1 unexcused absence could result in a forfeit of a performance. More than 2 unexcused could result in a parent conference and student will be unable to return until this conference in completed. More than 3 unexcused absences could result in termination from the team (no refunds). Severity of all consequences is upon the director's discretion (Mrs. Sauls).
Section C: Rehearsals are TBA (time is subject to change).
Section D: The Director will determine all other practice times when the dates are known.
Section E: If a member is injured and it prohibits them from practicing or performing, they will be reevaluated for the duration of the healing process (pending on timing for healing and upcoming performance) and sit out for one week in order to heal. They must still attend rehearsal to take notes on the side unless they have a doctor's permit to not attend school at all.
Section F: If a member needs to sit out an entire practice for any unexcused reason, they will be cut from a performance.
Section G: If a member is not performing, they will be required to do the current routine along with the team as a potential understudy.
Understudy- one who is put in place to potentially take the place of a member who no longer deserves their performance spot in a routine
Section H: If a member leaves during practice because of illness or any other reason outside of the director's knowledge, they will be cut from a routine.
Article II - Attendance
Section A: Excused Absences
Any absence from activities is unexcused except for the certain events listed below:
1. Personal illness or accident
2. Funeral or death in the family. If a member misses practice that is preparing us for a performance, they may be cut from that performance (Or, if it is not a family member, it is excused only if approved by the director (Mrs. Sauls).
3. Special school activities with permission of Director (ahead of time).
4. Religious holidays.
5. Prior notice of at least 5 days was given and you have permission from the Director to be absent.
6. Doctor's notes or written excuses must be received no later than the second day a member returns following an absence. If the excuse is not received by the second day, the absence will be unexcused.
7. Members need to make doctor appointments before or after practice. If a member has a doctor's appointment and does not get to practice on time, they must have a note saying her appointment was scheduled at least one hour before practice in order to perform. If it was scheduled during practice, right before practice, or if they do not bring a note, it will be considered an unexcused absence.
Section B: Members should contact the Director before being absent from a performance, practice, or required event. Failure to do so will result in an unexcused absence. Mrs. Sauls contact 469-337-7413 email@example.com
Section C: Members must be present at all practices, performances, and required events unless excused by the Director.
Section D: If absent from any practice that is preparing us for a performance, excused or unexcused, the member will forfeit a performance. If they are absent for more than three days, they must have a doctor's note. If they don't, each day will count as an unexcused absence. ALL excused absences will be left up to director's discretion.
Section E: If excused absences are consecutive (two or more consecutive days), they will be treated as one absence.
Section F: Team Roll Call is at the start of class
Article III - Probation and Dismissal
Section A: Reasons for Probation and Dismissal
1. Participating in unladylike behavior or immoral conduct
2. Disrespect to Director, Teacher, or Administrator
3. Losing interest in group.
4. You must be either warned, put on probation, or both before being dismissed
5. Excessive absences
6. Conduct in violation of any accepted school policy
7. Truancy from any class
8. Obscene language to Director
9. Being put on academic probation
12. Smoking, drinking, or doing drugs
13. Missing performances
14. Attending a required performance out of uniform
15. Poor attitude
16. Office referrals
17. Any ongoing negative communication between parents/guardians and EDA directors and/or staff
Section B: Conditions of Probation
1. A member may be placed on probation for reasons listed under Section A or for failing.
2. When a member is placed on probation, the Director will contact them and their parents.
3. All probations are in weekly time blocks and consist of forfeiting at least one performance. If no performances are occurring, the Director will determine the penalty.
4. Not at any time will there be a refund if you face the consequence of probation.
Section C: Conditions of Dismissal
1. A member may be dismissed if they are put on academic probation two six weeks, if they are put on probation more than two times a semester.
2. When a member is dismissed, their parents and the principal will be contacted.
3. If a member is dismissed, they may try out the following year.
4. Not at any time will there be a refund if you face the consequence of dismissal.
Article IV - Performances
Section A: Each member will audition for every dance/performance
Section B: The Director, along with the Teachers, will determine which members do not demonstrate the ability to do a given routine. If members are not performing up to performance requirements, director may cut the member from the performance regardless of her audition status. The Director may eliminate a member from performing for other reasons i.e. (mistakes, attitude, behavior, absences. etc.).
Section C: All members are required to attend performances in appropriate dance attire, whether they perform or not.
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless Essence Dance Academy (EDA), its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Essence Dance Academy, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
All fees will be charged to your account through the EDA Parent Portal and automatically deducted on the due dates.
Registration: There is a yearly, non-refundable $25 registration fee. Registration must be completed in order to enroll in classes.
Monthly Tuition: The tuition is based on a per class rate. Tuition will be debited on the 1st of each month. There are no tuition reductions or refunds for absentees or holidays.
Dance Sessions: The Fall/Spring Session is 9 months of classes from September through May. The Summer Session is 2 months of classes from June through July. Members may also perform in a number of events throughout the year.
Summer Camps: TBA
Late/Decline Fees: There is a $15 fee to be deducted for ALL transactions not approved or late including expired expiration dates, incorrect information, etc. It is the parent's responsibility to keep payment information updated. Please be advised that after the 2nd week, if the student's account is not current, they will not be admitted into class until account is current.
Uniforms: The Creative Director will contact and inform you where you MUST purchase the following uniform items: black leotards, pink tights, black tights, pink canvas ballet shoes, black laceless jazz shoes.
Non-Refundable Costume Fee: $85 - $300 depending on the class
Non-Refundable Recital Fee: $70
Non-Refundable Competition Fee: $210
Non-Refundable Convention Fee: $210
Non-Refundable Photo Shoot Fee: $50 (Price is subject to change.)
Refunds: There are no refunds for tuition, including all other fees.