Policy #1 Financial Responsibilities Policy and Agreement
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES Please read carefully and sign at the bottom.
1. I understand that a $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration.
2 I understand that a $30 non-refundable fee is required for all students registering after June 15, 2019.
3 I understand that I am registering for the entire school year (10 months: 9/4/2019 - 6/7/2020).
4 I understand that I am required to give 30 days advance written notice to THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET (the "School") in order to terminate enrollment, and that I am responsible for tuition for a dropped class for thirty (30) days after written notice has been submitted.
5. I understand that prepaid tuition, deposits, registration, recital, and costume fees are non-refundable.
6. I understand that tuition for classes that are missed for holidays, vacations, illness or for any other reason is not prorated or refunded. I understand the Winter and Spring Break weeks are not included in my tuition.
7. I understand that classes missed may be made up in any other appropriate level class within the same semester, subject to availability.
8. However, nothing herein shall be construed to obligate the School to make available a make up class.
9. 2019-2020 session: I will pay tuition in: One Payment (due at registration); or
I will pay tuition in: (2) equal Semester Payments (due on September 1, 2019, February 1, 2020); or
I will pay tuition in: Nine Monthly Payments (due on the 1st of each month). Starting September 1 through May 1.
10. Summer 2019 session (June 5-Aug 8): I will pay a 25% non refundable deposit for all classes and camps. I will pay my balance due for all classes by the 10th of each m month.
10. I understand that a $30.00 late fee will be added to all monthly and semester tuition payments received after the 10th of the month in which the payment is due.
11. I understand that prepaid tuition is non-refundable and non-transferrable (i.e., prepaid tuition may not be transferred to another student's account, or to another month, semester, or year of classes, or to a different class for the same student).
12. I agree to pay, to the extent permitted by law, the School's expenses of enforcement and collection of all unpaid tuition, fees and related expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees, expenses and court costs.
13 I understand and agree that this Financial Responsibilities Form is governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without reference to conflicts of laws principles. I acknowledge and agree \ that jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute involving or arising out of this Form or the obligations hereunder shall exclusively be in the state courts located in Loudoun County, Virginia. I hereby waive any right I may have to a trial by jury in connection with the resolution of any dispute, including any action, proceeding or counterclaim involving or arising out of this Form or the obligations hereunder.
I have read, understand and accept the financial responsibilities listed above ______________ ______________
RESPONSIBILITY and RELEASE
1. I agree to accept the rules of conduct and behavior as stated by THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET.
2. I understand and accept that THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET has the right to dismiss any student for what it considers improper conduct or behavior of students, parents, or guests.
3. I understand and accept that THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET is not responsible for articles lost or stolen on the premises of the school or at rehearsal and performance sites.
4 I understand and accept that any photographs and videos taken during class, rehearsals, and performances may be used by THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET for publicity and display purposes.
5. I understand and accept that dance instruction may include or require an instructor to physically touch a dance student during class for purposes of alignment or correction of dance technique.
6. I understand and accept financial responsibility for my child(ren) for any damages or vandalism incurred to THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET as a result of my child(ren)'s behavior.
7. I understand and accept that THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET, its staff, instructors, their landlords or lessors are not responsible for injury, physical or mental, to myself or my child, whether based on allegations or not, in any way, by any reason of my participation or the participation of my child(ren) in the school's classes, rehearsals, performances, and related programs and events.
8. I understand and accept that THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET is not responsible for the immediate medical needs its students. In consideration thereof, I agree that an updated emergency telephone number will be listed on file at the school where parents or contact person may be reached during classes, rehearsals, performances, and related programs and events.
CODE OF CONDUCT
DBA The Loudoun School of Ballet
Dancers and their parents/legal guardians must support the mission of LSB, which is to provide a positive and uplifting experience for its Members through the creation of high-quality dance instruction and performances that enrich our community.
Dancers must: (a) strive to attend all classes, rehearsals and performances; (b) strive to arrive on time for rehearsals and performances; and (c) promptly inform appropriate directors and/or teachers in advance of any planned absences.
As a dancer or family member of LSB, Dancers not only represent themselves, but also represent LSB at all times, in all ways.
Dancers and guests, at all times, must:
• be polite, respectful, and supportive of LSB's officers, directors, teachers, employees, contract hires, volunteers, and dancers;
• behave in an orderly, civilized, and well-mannered fashion;
• wear appropriate dance attire for the dance class , dance being rehearsed or performed, and only wear dance shoes on appropriate surfaces; All dancers must abide by LSB's dress code
• wear a cover-up in public areas; and
• accept any decision by an LSB officer, director, and/or teacher as being final.
Dancers & Guest, at all times, are prohibited from:
• talking during class, rehearsals, unless instructed to do so by an LSB Staff member, director or teacher;
• bullying, disparaging, defaming, demeaning, threatening, harassing, impersonating or hazing LSB's staff, directors, teachers, employees, contract hires, volunteers, and/or dancers;
• having a bad attitude and/or exhibiting negative behavior or poor sportsmanship;
4. Social Media:
Dancers, their parents/legal guardians, and anyone acting on their behalf, are prohibited from using social media networking sites (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Yelp!) to bully, disparage, defame, demean, threaten, harass, impersonate, or haze LSB staff, directors, teachers, employees, contract hires, volunteers and/or dancers.
Dancers, their parents/legal guardians, and anyone acting on their behalf, are prohibited from: (a) posting videos of any LSB rehearsals or performances; (b) using LSB's name; and/or (c) using LSB's logo, on any social media network sites without the advance written consent of LSB.
5. E-mails, Texts, and Chats:
Dancers, their parents/legal guardians, and anyone acting on their behalf, are prohibited from using e-mail, texts, chats, and any other form of communication to bully, disparage, defame, demean, threaten, harass, impersonate, or haze LSB staff, directors, teachers, employees, contract hires, volunteers and/or dancers.
6. Electronic Devices:
Dancers' may not use electronic devices (e.g., mobile phones, computers) inside LSB's dance facility, except in the waiting area. Electronic devices must be turned off during classes, rehearsals and performances.
7. Changing Clothes:
Dancers must change their clothes only in designated changing areas. No recording devices of any kind are permitted in the bathrooms or designated changing areas.
8. Personal Property:
Dancers must keep their valuable personal items with them at all times. LSB takes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Injured Dancers should attend all classes, rehearsals and performances for the purpose of observing any new choreography or modifications to the dances.
LSB reserves the right to suspend and/or expel any Dancer from LSB whose behavior, or the behavior of the Member's parents/legal guardians, does not strictly comply with LSB's Code of Conduct.
The obligations of Dancer and their parents/legal guardians with respect to Sections 4 and 5 of LBB's Code of Conduct shall survive the termination and/or expiration of the underlying LSB Contract.
LSB reserves the right to periodically modify its Code of Conduct to ensure that it is consistent with its mission.
GENERAL INFORMATION THE LOUDOUN SCHOOL OF BALLET
MISSED CLASSES: Summer, please see policy #1
1. Make-up classes are encouraged, but they are not mandatory.
2. Tuition is not pro-rated or refunded for missed classes.
3. Lessons missed for any reason may be made up at any time during the same semester by attending a class of the same, :
4. Upon entering the school, go directly to the front desk and tell the receptionist that you are there for a make-up class. She will put your name on a list and ask you to wait in the lobby until all students registered for that class have checked in. If there are spaces available, you will be allowed to enter the studio and take a make-up class. If the class has reached its size limitation, a make-up class is not possible.
5. Make-up spots cannot be reserved in advance, but by calling ahead you can get class size information and a good idea of how many spots are open in a particular class on a regular basis.
1. Please use common sense about the decision to attend or send a child to do physical exercise while ill.
2. Do not ask permission for warm-ups or sweaters to be worn because of a recent or approaching illness.
3. Consider the health and well being of teachers and classmates. Make-up classes are recommended.
The Loudoun School of Ballet does not always observes the same weather closings as the Loudoun County Public School system. Please check our voicemail message, website, email notifications, Instagram and Facebook for the most up-to-date information. Decisions will be made by noon on weekdays and 8am on Saturdays.
If in doubt, please call our check our website before leaving home. We will stay updated as to our local weather and road conditions. Remember our philosophy is "better safe than sorry." Missed classes can be made-up. Bear in mind that many of our faculty lives outside Loudoun county and early morning and late evening classes may be cancelled because the instructors cannot safely navigate the roads. In the event of an extreme number of cancelled classes due to weather in one year, we schedule extra weekend classes to be used exclusively for make-up purposes.
1. Because students from The Loudoun School of Ballet represent not only their school but the dance tradition as well, we expect our students to be courteous, respectful, quiet, and well-behaved at all times.
2. Students will address all adults, staff, and teachers as Mr. Miss, or Mrs. as gender dictates. (Exception: an individual instructor may give permission to be addressed by first name.)
3. Students may not use music or choreography from classes or performances without prior written approval of the choreographer and department director.
4. Students may not sit on or at the front desk without permission. All other office and storage areas are off-limits.
5. Students should also ask permission before borrowing or using the school phones, sound systems, computers, copiers, costumes, photographs, and miscellaneous office materials.
6. If possible, and as a courtesy, we request a phone call from students to notify the school of a pending absence.
ARRIVAL, CHECK-IN, and PICK-UP
7. Students must enter and exit by the front door. All other doors have alarms.
8. Students are required to wear cover-ups over their leotards and tights when entering and leaving the school. This applies to all students (regardless of age), and at all times of the year (regardless of weather).
9. Upon arrival at the school, all students must go directly to the front desk to check-in. Attendance will be recorded by the receptionist and any messages for them will be delivered at this time.
10. After check-in students (not parents) may proceed from the lobby to the "Student Area" to wait for their class to begin or they may choose to wait in the lobby until their class time.
11. Instructors with young students will come into the lobby to announce the start of their class. Instructors will wait for a student line-up, and then accompany their dancers to the proper studio.
12. Late student arrivals must be accompanied to class by the receptionist, not by the parent.
13. Parents are not allowed in the "Student Area" or in the classroom except during Parents Observation Week.
14. Applause and a verbal thank-you from student to instructor will end all classes.
15. For safety reasons, we ask that all students wait in the lobby until pick-up. We urge parents to accompany young dancers to and from the parking lot. Please notify the school of changes in your usual pick-up routine.
16. Early student drop-offs and late student pick-ups are not allowed. A $25 fee per 15 minutes will be charges for students picked up late past they class finish time.
17. Food and drink may not be consumed or carried into the student Area. Students may eat in the studio lobby only.
18. Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco and chewing gum may not be consumed or carried into the school or lobby at any time.
19. Our Lost & Found box is located in the lobby. Please label all of your personal belongings and dance shoes. All Lost & Found items will donated on the 30th of each month.
20. Do not bring bikes, strollers, etc. into the school facility. Visitors are expected to make every effort to keep hallways, entrances/exit areas clear and quiet . Please do not dispose of food or diapers in our lobby trash cans.
21. Students may not bring unsupervised friends or siblings into the school facility. Parents, instructors, and adult students may not bring their children into the studios or leave them unsupervised on or near the school premises.
22. Students are expected to be punctual and to be fully dressed for their class before class begins. Dancers may not her permitted to class after a 15 minute tardy.
23. Many students arrive with their hair already styled and correct dance attire on under their street clothes.
24. Students are not to dress or undress in the lobby or in any other common areas of the school.
25. Two dressing rooms with attached bathrooms are provided in the "Student Area" for older dancers.
26. Male dancers and younger students requiring assistance, please use the lobby restroom as a dressing area.
DANCE BAGS and OUTERWEAR - All students should purchase a dance bag to carry their personal belongings.
27. RISING STARS DEPARTMENT - Dance bags and outerwear should be left with a parent during class.
28. BALLET & CONTEMPORARY DEPARTMENT - dance bags should be brought into the studios during class time.
29. Dance bags must be soft, and small enough to be placed safely under studio benches or against a designated wall.
30. Dance bags may not be left unsupervised in the reception area, hallways, bathrooms, or dressing areas.