READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in StarKidz Dance Studio related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and, 2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and, 3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and, 4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS
StarKidz Dance Studio ,their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("RELEASEES"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
STARDANCE ENTERPRISES INC.
StarKidz Dance Studio
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releases, and for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Studio Rules for Parents:
Parents are permitted to observe class the last week of every month. Our instructors are working diligently with the dancers and outside distractions hamper their efforts.
• Observation is for one parent/guardian. If you must bring other siblings then all young children must be supervised. No running, yelling or rough playing at the dance studio.
• Help keep our studio clean and tidy. Please throw away all trash.
• No gossip, obscene language or inappropriate conversations are tolerated by either parents or dancers.
• Please pick up your dancer promptly at the end of their class. Teachers cannot be responsible for dancers after their class time because they are tending to their next class.
• Promptness is extremely important!
• Dancers need adequate time in order to be physically and mentally prepared for the demands of the dance class.
• It is recommended that students arrive no more than ten minutes early in order to get a drink, go to the bathroom, get warmed up and be dressed properly.
• Students who arrive more than 25 minutes late may be asked to observe class.
IMPORTANT Dance Etiquette: At our studio, our primary goal is for your children to have fun while learning dance technique and a strong work ethic. We expect all dancers to show respect to themselves, each other and all instructors. You will see our instructors enforcing the following rules:
• Be prepared for class. Proper dress code is required for all dance classes.
• Hair must be pulled up and secured back.
• Use bathroom prior to class.
• Do not have frequent class absences.
• No cell phones in the dance studio. (Please keep all personal items in your dance bag.)
• No gum is allowed in class.
• Be respectful and kind to instructors, peers and staff.
• Do not talk during class unless you are asking a question.
• Be willing to try new dance material. Put positive energy into your dance class.
• No leaning, lounging or hanging on the ballet barres.
• Clap at the end of class to show respect for yourself, your fellow dancers and the instructor.
• If injured, tell instructor prior to class...work slowly & carefully or observe.
• If ill, do not come to class.
• If you must leave early, notify instructor prior to class.
We believe that good dance etiquette is of equal importance to good dance technique.
• No running, yelling or rough playing at the dance studio.
• Help keep your studio clean and tidy. Please throw away all trash.
• No gossip, obscene language or inappropriate conversations are tolerated during class or around the studio.
• No gum, food or drink of any kind (except water) is allowed inside the studio.
For age 13 and up:
• As an older dancer and role model, inappropriate conversations or negative discussions are not allowed in front of younger dancers.
• It is the dancer's responsibility to manage their time so that dance, schoolwork and other outside activities do not conflict.