1. A $20 registration fee as well as your first month's lessons will be charged upon registration. Lesson fees are due the FIRST scheduled lesson of each month, whether your child is at his / her first scheduled lesson or not. There will be a 3 day grace period allowed from the day of your child's class. If my preferred method of payment is declined, I understand I will be charged a $10 processing fee. If payment is not made within 3 business days, I will also be charged a $5 late fee.
2. Lesson fees are a flat rate per month regardless of the number of classes your child attends or receives. Tuition is based on the full dance year and divided into 10 equal payments.
3. If you prefer to mail payment, please send it to the following address: The Dance Co., 915 Barrington Parkway Suite B, Marion, IA 52302. Notice: $20.00 Service Charge on all Returned Checks!
4. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS after September 1st! This includes any and all lesson fees, registration fees, recital fees, and costume fees.
5. It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all activities such as rehearsals, picture times, meetings, etc. We will post notices at the studio as well as email and have the website updated. It is the parent's responsibility to regularly check this information to ensure they are informed.
6. There is no parent viewing during class time - only on scheduled dates (on your calendar). Viewing window is open at all times. Parents ARE NOT allowed in the studio during class time except for on scheduled parent viewing dates.
7. NO T-SHIRTS, SWEAT SHIRTS, BAGGY SHORTS OR SWEAT PANTS ALLOWED DURING CLASS! Dance shoes and attire REQUIRED! Dance tights are required with dance wear. YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT PROPER SHOES OR ATTIRE! Make sure your child's name is in all dance shoes-The Dance Co. is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
8. Girls with long hair (shoulder length or longer) must have it pulled back away from their faces. If student attends class without hair pulled back, they must purchase a hair tie from the front desk for $.25.
9. NO GUM OR FOOD IN THE CLASSROOM. No glass bottles allowed in the waiting room or in classrooms. Squeeze bottles are allowed. Let's keep our dance studio clean.
10. PARENTS...BE ON TIME when picking up your child after their class. We are not providing a babysitting service! COME IN TO THE BUILDING to pick up your child -children must remain inside until their ride arrives, to avoid possible accidents. The Dance Company will not be responsible for students outside the studio before or after lesson time. If your child's class is at the end of the night and you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be charged for a private lesson.
11. SNOW DAYS: CANCELLATIONS ARE ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. CALL THE STUDIO OR CHECK THE WEBSITE BEFORE DRIVING TO THE STUDIO ON BAD SNOW DAYS. The outgoing message on the answering machine will reflect the status of classes, as will the homepage of the website. We will allow one snow day per class for the season. Make-up classes will only be scheduled for the second class missed due to a snow day. Make-up times will be posted in the waiting room. There will be only one scheduled make-up time.
12. The Dance Co. reserves the right to discontinue services to any student at any time.
13. Attendance policy: In order to participate in the annual recital, students must miss no more than 10 classes (one per month) in each dance subject. Any additional classes missed MUST be made up in a private lesson. In the event that your student cannot participate in recital due to poor attendance, you will not be refunded for any and all fees.