Parent/Guardian and Dancer recognize and acknowledge that dancing and related training (the "Studio Activities") can be hazardous and create an unavoidable risk of injury. Parent/Guardian and Dancer are participating in the Studio Activities with a full understanding of all potential harm, damages or injuries that they could suffer. Parent/Guardian and Dancer represent that Dancer has undergone a physical exam, has been determined to be physically able to safely participate in the Studio Activities, and will undergo regular physical exams to ensure he/she can continue to safely participate in the Studio Activities; that Parent/Guardian has investigated the Studio Activities and agree that they are being conducted in a reasonable manner; and that Parent/Guardian have sufficient medical and other insurance coverage to provide medical care and compensate Parent/Guardian and/or Dancer for any potential injury, harm and/or damages that they could suffer in connection with the Studio Activities.
Parent/Guardian anD DANCER agree that except in the case of injuries, HARM AND/or DAMAGES to Dancer CAUSED BY the gross negligence of a Covered Party, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, the medical and other insurance coverage SECURED BY PARENT/GUARDIAN provide sufficient compensation for any INJURIES, HARM AND/OR DAMAGES that Parent/Guardian or Dancer could suffer related to the STUDIO Activities, THAT Parent/Guardian AND/OR Dancer'S exclusive remedy should THEY suffer any INJURIES, HARM AND/OR DAMAGES related to THe Studio ActivitIES is to seek coverage from their insurer, AND hereby release AND discharge any and all claims that Parent/Guardian AND/OR DANCER have or may have in the future against the Covered Parties that relate to the STUDIO Activities. PARENT/GUARDIAN AND/OR DANCER indemnify and AGREE TO hold harmless the Covered Parties against any and all claims asserted against the Covered Parties that relate to PARENT/GUARDIAN'S and/OR DANCER's INVOLVEMENT IN the STUDIO ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OF contribution or equitable indemnification MADE AGAINST A Covered Party based on the Covered Party's fault. Should Studio be involved in a suit related to any Studio Activity, the prevailing party in such suit will be entitled to receive its actual attorney's fees and costs.
Parent/Guardian and Dancer hereby agree to the following terms for all Solo, Duet and Trio Private Lessons:
- I understand that solo/duet/trio private lessons run through the Spring Showcase in May, with the exception of years where Nationals are attended. On National attendance years, Solo/Duet/Trio Private Lessons run through the completion of the National Competition.
- I understand that I am responsible for the cost of any/all competition fees, costuming, shoes, props, etc required for my dancer's Solo/Duet/Trio.
- I understand that 4 hours notice is required for any cancellation of lessons or I will be charged in full for the missed lesson.
- I understand that choreography fees are non-refundable and will not be returned under any circumstances including, but not limited to: injury, illness, quitting or removal from GLDF/GLDCo, unforeseen circumstances.
- I understand that Private Lessons that are cancelled after payment has been received will be reimbursed or rescheduled according to instructor availability.
- I understand that Private Lesson fees will be included in monthly tuition billing beginning in September and running through the completion of the Competition Season (Spring Showcase / Nationals).
- I understand that failure to pay monthly tuition, competition fees, costume fees, workshop fees or any other tuition or fees on time will result in the suspension of Private Lessons. Families that retain a balance on their account are not eligible for Private Lessons and all lessons will be cancelled until the balance is paid in full.
I understand and agree that all 'Group Choreography' learned/performed by my dancer at Great Lakes Dance Factory is the sole property of Great Lakes Dance Factory and it's primary choreographer (Marissa Bellinger, Amy Cova or Crystyl Mitchell-Fritz). 'Group Choreography' is defined by dances that have four or more participants. Reproduction/performance of any Group Choreography is strictly prohibited. I understand that Choreography Fees paid for participation in any group dance do not imply ownership. I understand that awards won by group dances will be distributed at the sole discretion of Great Lakes Dance Factory. Awards are defined as, but are not limited to, registration discounts, gift certificates, cash awards, trips, merchandise, scholarships, trophies, plaques.