Dress codes are strictly enforced. Proper dress for class is extremely important. Instructors need to be able to see a dancer's body in order to correct proper body placement and technique. Students must bring all dance shoes for each class. Hair must be secured in a bun or a ponytail away from the face and off the neck. Hair must be secured in a bun for all ballet classes. All jewelry must be left at home. Cover-ups and street shoes are required to be worn to and from the studio. This can be a jacket and pants, a dress, or a t-shirt and shorts, but DANCE CLOTHES ARE TO BE COVERED OUTSIDE THE STUDIO AT ALL TIMES. No dance shoes in the street. No cover-ups, t-shirts, or shorts allowed over leotards during class time. UNDERGARMENTS ARE NOT TO BE WORN UNDER THE TIGHTS FOR ALL CLASSES/PERFORMANCES. WE DO NOT WANT VISIBLE PANTY LINES IN CLASS OR ON STAGE. All dancers not properly dressed for class will be asked to sit out and observe. Designated class apparel is available for purchase at CDA and must be purchased prior to the first class. Certain items are by special order only. Student must be present for sizing.
LOWER LEVEL PROGRAM (AGES 3-8)
CREATIVE MOVEMENT/DANCE EXPLORATION:
• HAIR MUST BE NEATLY SECURED IN A BALLET BUN. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
• NO JEWELRY ALLOWED IN CLASS
Girls - Designated color leotard with REVOLUTION pink footed tights. Pink REVOLUTION ballet shoes with elastics sewn on and CDA tan tap shoes.
Boys - White or black t-shirt with black shorts or fitted pants. Black ballet shoes and black tap shoes.
UPPER LEVEL PROGRAM (AGES 9 AND ABOVE)
BALLET AND POINTE:
GIRLS- Designated color leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. Pink pointe shoes with ribbons and elastics securely sewn on and tied appropriately. HAIR MUST BE NEATLY SECURED IN A BALLET BUN. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
BOYS- White t-shirt with black tights, black ballet shoes and dance belt.
MODERN/CONTEMPORARY/PILATES/JAZZ/STRETCH AND STRENGTH/LEAPS AND TURNS/MUSICAL THEATRE: Designated color leotard, black or tan convertible tights. Dancers may wear jazz shoes, half soles, or barefoot. Black dance shorts or leggings may be worn over the tights.
TAP: Any solid color leotard, black or tan tights, shorts or leggings and tap shoes.
HIP HOP: Loose fitting clothing may be worn over any dance apparel. Dance sneakers (NOT STREET SHOES) or socks.
ADULT BALLET CLASSES: Any solid color camisole, tank or t-shirt, jazz pants or cut-offs, tan jazz shoes or dance sneakers.
ADULT HIP HOP: Any loose-fitting clothing with dance sneakers.
ANNUAL WINTER PERFORMANCE:
CDA holds its annual winter performance week in December. This is an informal, in house performance and all students are encouraged to participate. Ballet students will wear their designated class apparel throughout the week. Winter Performances will be held in class, the week prior to Winter Break. Classes that do not perform: Leaps and Turns, Stretch and Strength, Pilates, Adult Classes.
ANNUAL SPRING PERFORMANCE: PLEASE SEE THE SPRING PERFORMANCE COSTUMES AND FEES FORM
CDA holds an annual Spring Performance the end of May. This is a formal performance involving two fees. A non-refundable $60.00 performance fee (dancers are provided with three complimentary performance tickets) and an $80.00 costume fee (per enrolled class). These fees are due in full by February first. Monthly installment plan is available upon registering for classes. CDA is proud to provide quality, custom costumes for the Spring Performance participants. Costumes are made by hand and require a large amount of attention, so we do appreciate your patience. They will be handed out in class, two weeks prior to the show. *** To perform in the Spring Performance, students must be registered for classes prior to February 1st. Participation in the Spring Performance is mandatory for all currently enrolled, active students. Consistent class attendance is mandatory for Spring Performance participation from February 1- May 18.
CDA is a year-round dance academy where registration is based on a 12-month enrollment calendar (September-August).
TERM I: September - November
TERM II: December - February
TERM III: March - May
TERM IV: June - August
*CDA reflects the NISD Student Holiday Schedule
• LABOR DAY 9/1-9/3
• THANKSGIVING BREAK 11/19-11/24
• WINTER BREAK 12/22-1/5
• SPRING BREAK 3/11-3/16
• MEMORIAL DAY 5/25-5/27
• EASTER BREAK 4/19-4/20
• SUMMER BREAK 6/29-7/13
CDA will remain open for all other holidays and school closures.
2018-2019 IMPORTANT DATES
• WINTER PERFORMANCE WEEK 12/15-12/20
• DUE TO SPRING PERFORMANCE NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION CLOSED AS OF 2/1
• SPRING PERFORMANCE DRESS REHEARSAL 5/17/19
• SPRING PERFORMANCE 5/18/19
• PERFORMANCE COMPANY SOLOIST AUDITIONS 6/8
• SUMMER DANCE INTENSIVE 6/10-6/14
• CHILDREN'S SUMMER DANCE CAMP 6/10-6/14
• STUDENT ASSESSMENTS DISTRIBUTED 6/17
• FALL PRE-REGISTRATION/FALL SCHEDULE RELEASED 6/17
• FALL REGISTRATION BEGINS 7/15
• BALLET INTENSIVE 8/5-8/9
• PERFORMANCE COMPANY AUDITIONS 8/10
• 2019-2020 SEASON BEGINS TUESDAY, 9/3
A non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 (per student) and a minimum payment of first month's tuition are required with registration form to reserve space in class. Registration must be renewed annually in September. If registering during the summer term, the fall registration fee will be waived for the upcoming season only.
Tuition is auto drafted from a credit card or debit card on the 1st or the 15th of each month. Tuition is based on 48 "dance weeks" (excluding four weeks for holiday breaks) divided into 12 payments. Therefore, tuition remains the same whether it is a long (5 week), or a short (3 week) month and regardless of absences, vacations or holidays. No refunds or adjustments due to absences. Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Any and all missed classes due to any additional holiday closures are encouraged and must be made up within the term incurred. Tuition is based on the number of hours taken per week, and on a 12-month enrollment calendar (September-August). To withdraw from classes, written notification is required before the first day of the upcoming semester. Contract only voided if the student can provide proof of loss of job, or the student is moving. Any unattended classes will be available for makeups. Monthly billing will continue throughout the term of the contract or until the remaining balance is paid. A $30.00 fee will be charged on all checks returned by the bank.
BALLET PROGRAM ENROLLMENT REQUISITES:
Intro Ballet- minimum of one class per week
Beginning Ballet I- minimum of two classes per week
Beginning Ballet II- minimum of three classes per week
Intermediate Ballet- minimum of three classes per week
Advanced Ballet- minimum of four classes per week
Teen Ballet- minimum of one class per week
QUARTERLY BALLET PROGRAM ORIENTATION:
CREATIVE MOVEMENT, DANCE EXPLORATION I AND II
INTRO BALLET, BEGINNING BALLET I AND II, INTERMEDIATE BALLET AND ADVANCED BALLET
Students in the classes listed above must attend the BALLET PROGRAM ORIENTATION. This orientation will be held quarterly throughout the first FULL week of each term and will be held the last 15 minutes of each class throughout that week. This is a MANDATORY orientation in which the student and a parent/guardian must attend at least one time upon registering for class. During this orientation, we will cover proper dress code, and a general outline of ballet class etiquette and the expectations of the instructors/studio. Please see the Orientation weeks listed below. An email reminder will be sent out the week prior to each orientation week.
2018-2019 SEASON ORIENTATION WEEKS:
• September 10-15
• December 3-8
• March 4-9
• June 3-8
Private lessons are available on a first come, first serve basis and must be scheduled through the studio office. Please contact the studio for more information.
Student assessment forms for this season will be distributed two weeks prior to summer break. This system is used to track and record the student's progress throughout each season, which will include the studio's level recommendation for the following dance season. Evaluations are available for pick up in the office and must be signed for by a parent/guardian.
A quarterly newsletter will be sent via e-mail at the start of each term. You can also find a copy of this on the studio bulletin in the observation area. Please refer to the newsletter for the latest information regarding up-coming events, studio closures and more. To ensure proper delivery of the newsletter, please notify the studio office of a change of e-mail address.
THE DANCER'S LOUNGE/BATHROOM/KITCHEN AREA:
We ask that all dancers respect these as community spaces shared by all. These rooms may be used by dancers only and are to be kept clean at all times. In the dancer's lounge, the dancers can store their belongings during class, change class attire in private changing rooms, study, or simply relax between classes. Please store all belongings in the cubbies. CDA and its faculty are not held responsible for lost or stolen items. Please see the "lost and found" bin in the studio office.
OTHER STUDIO POLICIES:
• Classes missed due to illness with fever (preferable with a doctor's note) or studio closure/class cancellation may be made up within the term incurred .
• Students making up classes or paying for individual drop in classes need to stop by the studio office and pick up a pass to give to the instructor. Students must have pass to participate in class.
• Students left at the studio over 15 minutes, after their last class of the day, will be charged an additional $5.00 for each additional 15 minutes. Prompt pick up is encouraged.
• Students arriving 15 minutes or later to class may be asked to sit out and observe or schedule a make-up class.
• Please notify the office or send a note with your child to class to inform the instructor of any matters. During class time instructors are not permitted to leave their classes unattended to speak to parents. It is best to discuss any issues privately when the instructor has more time to address the matter, such as after class or over the phone.
• Bottled water is sold in the office for $1.00. $5.00, $10.00 and $20.00 "water banks" are accepted and tracked by the office manager.
• CDA is not responsible for items left or lost at the studio. The "lost and found" bins will be emptied and donated to Goodwill on the last Friday of each month. Please refrain from sending students to the studio with jewelry or expensive clothing.
• Absolutely NO gum, food or drinks are allowed in the studio, bottled water only.
• No street shoes on the studio dance floors. Students must remove their street shoes before entering the room.
• Sneakers are allowed for hip hop in Studio B ONLY. Please be sure to wear a pair that has and never will be worn outside.
• All observation areas are to remain quiet while classes are in session. Siblings of enrolled students are to be supervised by a parent/guardian AT ALL TIMES.
• NO TOUCHING THE MIRRORS! The studio has glassless mirrors and the students are taught the importance of not touching them. Damage to the mirrors will result in a charge to the responsible student's account.
I, the undersigned, do hereby grant permission to Collective Dance Artistry to use the image of my child, as marked by my selection below. Such use includes the display, distribution, publication, transmission, or otherwise use of photographs, images, and/or video taken of my child for use in materials that include, but may not be limited to, printed materials such as brochures and newsletters, videos, and digital images such as those on the Collective Dance Artistry web site.
Grant Unrestricted usage: I give permission for my child's image to be used in print, video, and digital media. I agree that these images may be used by Collective Dance Artistry for a variety of purposes and that these images may be used without further notifying me. I do understand that the child's last name will not be used in conjunction with any video or digital images.