Registration is accepted on first come first serve basis.
Classes will be closed to further enrollment once maximum capacity has been reached.
Initial payment will be collected at time of registration.
Registration fees and tuition payments are non-refundable.
There will be no prorating or refunds given due to missed classes.
Each student is encouraged to make up missed classes in another appropriate leveled class.
Registration/Monthly Tuition Payments: Registration and Tuition payments may be paid in cash, check, credit card or ACH debit. All registrants will be required to place a credit card on file with MDC at the time of registration. This information will be kept confidential and all charges will be processed by a national third-party credit card processor. Tuition is due the 1st of each Month. Tuition payments not made by the 10th of the Month will be charged to the credit card on file.
Withdrawals and Refunds: Classes are based on our Fall/Winter/Spring and Summer Session Schedules. Registration obligates payment of full tuition fees for the session registered for, regardless of attendance or withdrawal from class. Classes with less than five students may be canceled, combined, or rescheduled at MDC's discretion.
Addressing Issues: Unfortunately, we do make mistakes. We welcome you as parents to bring those to our attention. We do ask that you use discretion as you address them with us. We ask that any conversations that are sensitive and private in matter be held while classes are not in session and are addressed to the studio director. If issues concern other parents or children, please do not address this issue at the studio. Please resolve the issue independently or make an appointment with the director to resolve the situation.
Extreme Weather or unexpected Interruption of Classes: If the school must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, the missed lessons will be added on to the end of the teaching year. No refunds for lessons missed due these reasons will be given.
Substitutions: The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made-up.
Cancelled Classes: Classes with less than five students may be cancelled, combined, or rescheduled at MDC's discretion.
Release of Liability/Agreement to Hold Harmless: I understand that there are risks of physical injury associated with, arising out of and inherent to the activity of dance. In recognition of this acknowledged risk of injury, I knowingly and voluntarily waive all right and/ or causes of action of any kind, including any and all claims of negligence
arising as a result of such activity from which liability could accrue to Michele's Dance Center, it's officers, agents, employees, instructors, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and all affiliated entities (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Michele's Dance Center". I hereby agree to release Michele's Dance Center and hold Michele's Dance Center harmless of all
liability, and hereby acknowledge that I knowingly and voluntarily assume full responsibility for all risks of physical injury arising out of active participation in dance on behalf of the participant. I am aware that this is a release of liability and an acknowledgement of my voluntary and knowing assumption of the risk of injury. I have signed this document voluntarily and of my own free will in exchange for the privilege of participation.
Missed Lessons and Make-Up lessons: Absolutely no make-up lessons will be given for missed lessons unless absence is due to serious illness and 24 hour notice (phone or via email) has been given to the office. Make-up lessons will be limited to 2 per year and will require a doctor's note. No refunds or prorated tuition are given for missed classes. (School activities such as ski trips or programs, band trips, Spring Breaks that differ from our school's Spring Break, sports games, etc. do not qualify for make-up classes) You will need to fill out a Make-Up class form and hand it to the instructor.
Dance Class Attendance and Lateness: Repeated lateness may result in termination of lessons. A minimum attendance level will be required. If a students misses more than 4 classes without written notices, the school reserves the right to terminate lessons. Students missing more than 4 classes after January will not be allowed to participate in the year-end dance recital.
Parent's Responsibility to be aware of Dates and Events: It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all school activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. The school will post all such notices on the "What's New" bulletin board as well as sending Newsletters via email. The quarterly newsletter will also be available at the studio to take home. It is the parent's responsibility to regularly check these boards to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the school of any address, telephone, or email address change.
Care of Students: The school is not responsible for providing before or after class care for the students. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time before or after classes. Please be prompt when picking up your child.
Safety: Safety for your child is of our utmost concern. All young dancers must be escorted to and from the building. If a health condition exist which will prevent full participation, please notify MDC in writing as soon as possible. No child will be allowed to leave the studio with anyone other than a parent unless with written notice from parent.
Food and Drink Policy: Absolutely no food or drink is allowed within the studio classrooms, including gum. Food is only allowed within the lobby and kitchen area.
Company Dancer Policies and Procedures:
• Assigned Ballet and Jazz Technique, Tumbling during week
• Assigned Ballet, Jazz and Tap Technique, Jazz Choreography, Cardio/Conditioning on Saturdays.
• Ballet: Black Leotard, Pink Tights, Black Sports Bra (if needed), Ballet Skirt optional
• Jazz, Tap, Cardio: Black Leotard, Pink, Black or Tan Tights or bare legs, Booty Shorts Optional
• Shirts permitted if studio is cold
• Proper shoes required/bare feet permitted with instructors' approval
• Hair pulled back and secured in a bun
• No Jewelry
• No Baggy Clothing
• Dancer's belongings to be placed in cubbies or on hooks
• Each dancer responsible for keeping waiting area and kitchen clean while at studio
• No running, screaming or loud talking in waiting area or kitchen
• No excessive talking during class
• No food or gum in class
• Respect at all times for instructors, Carol and fellow dancers
• Permitted three absences Jazz Technique and Ballet Technique
• Permitted three absences for Saturday class
• Classes are to be made up within one month of missed class from the make-up class list.
• Dancers with excessive missed classes not made up by June, will not be eligible for extra Choreography
• Dancers must be on time for class. Three late arrivals will result in one missed class for that dancer
• Dancers must be picked up on time after class.
• Disregard for the attendance policy will affect dancer's eligibility for the MDC Company in the future
• Performances in addition to the recital include, St. Alexis Festival, McCandless Days, Sewickley Performance and The Block/Northway and nursing homes.
• Downtown Light-Up Night/Santa Spectacular performance is questionable each year due to the producer's requirements. The producers of this event also dictate specifications for the performers and not all MDC Company dancers are eligible.
• Performances as listed above are mandatory. Parent must submit a written note/email before the performance line-up is posted for an excused absence.
• MDC Company Dancers participate in two competitions per year in the Pittsburgh area in March, April or May with exact dates to be announced. Entry fees to be announced.
• MDC Company Dancers are required to participate in all competitions
• MDC Company Dancers are to be on their best behavior and show respect at all performances and competitions.
• Dancers with more than one solo, duet and/or trio or combination of these must choose one to be performed at the recital. Preference is the duet and/or trio in lieu of the solo. Seniors may perform two.
• All solos, duets and trios may be competed at the competitions.
• Each Company Dance (Ballet/Jazz/Tap/Production/ECC/Hip Hop) requires a costume and shoes per the discretion of the instructor
• Props and/or accessories also may be required
• Make-up and Hair style may be different for each Company dance
• False eyelashes, Company lipstick and Company earrings (available to purchase through Carol) are required for every performance/competition
• MDC Company Warm-up Suit is required for each performance/competition