For all participants, leaders and parents in attendance at all Salvation Army activities, whether on site or away from our facility for field trips, educational outings, residential camp programs or retreats, the following behaviors are expected:
1) We will respect the individual's personal space and will not tolerate bullying, an act of violence or threat of bodily harm.
2) We will remain calm in every situation and will not use vulgar language or gestures.
3) We will respect the leader(s) and obey their direction. Leaders will respect all youth and observe all the guidelines of our "Safe From Harm" program.
4) We will respect the facility and conduct ourselves in an orderly fashion. We will reverence the sanctuary while participating in worship or instruction. We will not tolerate the destruction of our facility and its furnishings/equipment.
5) We will maintain all food and drink in the designated dining area only and observe all health code guidelines.
6) We will respect other people's personal property, never taking anything that does not personally belong to us.
7) All children will remain under the direct supervision of at least two leaders throughout the duration of the program and are only dismissed to leave with parents or an approved adult, or on the provided transportation.
8) We expect all participants, leaders, and parents to wear appropriate attire for activities, keeping in mind personal safety, weather conditions and activity requirements.
9) All incidents will be reported to the parent/guardian and we will discuss appropriate disciplinary actions.
10) I agree to participate in the functions and activities of The Salvation Army and to cooperate with the leaders and other young people. I promise to respect myself, respect other persons, and respect property. I understand that my continued participation in Salvation Army activities depends on my support of this agreement.
Submitting this application doesn't guarantee enrollment. We have a maximum number of students allowed per school. After you submit this application, we will email or call you to notify you of your status.
Upon acceptance, you must pay 2 weeks upfront, totaling $70.
Weekly tuition is $35 per week for the first student, with a $5 discount for any additional students. This fee includes weeks that are shortened by a holiday.
Tuition is due on a weekly basis and is payable by card, check, or money order only - no cash please. Payment must be received by 6 pm each Monday. Weekly fees must be paid, whether your child is present or not.
Accounts paid in full by Monday at 6 pm for the upcoming month will receive a $5 monthly discount.
If payment is not received on time, an additional late fee of $5.00 will be charged per day.
If your account is past due, your child may be suspended from the center until account is brought up to date. Failure to keep account up to date could result in your child being dropped from our center.
In the event that you want to remove your child from the program, please give us at least two weeks' notice.
I understand that my child will be participating in Fran Cohen Youth Center After-School Program for the 2019-2020 School Year.
I understand that during this period my child/ward may take part in activities such as but not exclusive to chapel activities, performing arts class, athletics, arts classes, and STEM classes and other activities consistent with the purposes of the unit/program.
I, the undersigned, understand that there are risks and dangers inherent in participating in
Fran Cohen Youth Center After-School Program, hereinafter "Activity", which may include transportation, swimming, field trips, indoor & outdoor games and other activities consistent with the purposes of the unit/program for a time period of up to one year. I also understand that in order to be allowed to participate in this Activity and associated Activities, I must agree not to hold The Salvation Army liable for any injury or damage which I may suffer while participating in any Activity or going to/from any Activity.
Knowing this, and in consideration of being permitted to voluntarily participate in any Activity, and recognizing the charitable nature of The Salvation Army, I hereby voluntarily release The Salvation Army from any and all liability resulting from or arising in any manner whatsoever out of any participation in any Activity.
• I understand and agree that I am releasing not only The Salvation Army, but also its officers, agents, and employees. I understand and agree that this waiver/release will have the effect of releasing, discharging, saving and forever relinquishing any and all actions or causes of action that I may have or have had, whether past, present, or future; whether known or unknown, and whether anticipated or unanticipated by me, whether through acts or omissions by The Salvation Army's personnel or other unrelated third parties or other participants.
• I understand and agree that this waiver/release will be binding on me, my spouse, my heirs, my personal representatives, my assignees, my children, and any guardian ad litem for said children.
• I understand that my child may be transported to the Salvation Army on a Salvation Army bus and I understand and agree that by signing this waiver/release, I am assuming full responsibility for any and all risk of death or personal injury or property damage suffered by me while participating in any Activity, including but not limited to health care expenses.
• I understand and agree that by signing this waiver/release, I am agreeing to release, indemnify and hold The Salvation Army, its officers, agents or employees harmless from any and all liability or costs, including attorney's fees, associated with or arising from my participation in any Activity.
• I understand and agree that I am signing this waiver/release on behalf of my minor child, that I will be giving up the same rights for said minor as I would be giving up if I had signed this document of my own behalf.
• I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT.
I acknowledge that I have read this waiver/release agreement and that I understand the words and language in it. I understand there are potential dangers incidental to participating in any activity and going to/from any activity. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its meaning and significance.
I certify that I am at least 21 years of age and having the right to contract in my own name and to the extent herein set forth.
I hereby irrevocably grant to The Salvation Army, its successors and assigns, its agents and those by whom it is commissioned, the absolute, unrestricted and unlimited license, right, permission, and consent to use and reuse, disseminate, copyright, print, reproduce, publish and republish, for any and all trade purposes or commercial or other advertising or public purposes, and in any and all advertising, publicity, display, publication or media, my child's name, signature and likeness, and any portraits, pictures, photographic prints or other representations of my child, or in which my child may appear, or any reproductions or sketches thereof or parts thereof, photographic or otherwise, with such additions, deletions, alterations or changes therein as you in your discretion may make, either separately or together with my child's name or a fictitious name, or the name of another person, with or without any statements or testimonials made by my child, or authorized by me which you may, in your discretion, prepare for use in connection therewith. I warrant that I have not limited or restricted the use of my child's name or photograph to the use of any organization or person.
I hereby grant unrestricted use of audio tracks or text by The Salvation Army for such purposes as The Salvation Army may deem appropriate.
I hereby release and discharge The Salvation Army, its successors, assigns and agents from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of any of the foregoing, including any claims for defamation, invasion of privacy or violation of any statutory right.
I understand that The Salvation Army is not responsible for private individuals placing photos on Facebook or other such media.