Physical activity can sometimes cause minor mishaps to occur, therefore, in the event your child/children sustain any injury, illness, or any other physical harm in connection with participating in Studio East Dance Company programs, I agree that neither Studio East Dance Company, nor any of its instructors, employees, agents, or principles shall be liable or responsible for any claims, costs, liabilities, expenses or judgments, including (for example) doctor fees, hospital expenses, and personal injury claims resulting from such injury, illness or physical harm. This acknowledgment of risk and waiver of liability, having been read thoroughly and understood completely, is signed voluntarily as to its content and intent.
1. Accounts - all accounts must be current and paid in a timely fashion. Overdue accounts may result in a student unable to participate in class.
2. Tuition payments - we accept cash, check, and credit card. Prices for classes are listed in our brochure and on our website so that you have an idea of what your tuition will be. If you use the parent portal you can view your account 24/7. 2020 Summer and Fall Full Season both have a $25 registration fee.
3. Tuition is due by the 7th of the month every month. Our tuition is based upon an annual amount and then divided into 9 equal payments. The May and June monthly payments will be billed at the same time in May. (therefore, no payment for the month of June). There is a $10 late fee if tuition is not received by the 12th of the month. Please make sure to pay tuition on time as well as any other payments that are required (i.e. costume fee, recital fee, etc.). The same late fees apply to payments for events or items that are past the deadline.
4. Discounts - there is a 5% discount on tuition if the full year is paid for by September 30th. There is a 10% discount for families with more than one child enrolled during the season. This applies to full paying first child and then the 10% discount on the other children.
5. Bounced checks or credit card payments - there will be a $25 fee for any bounced checks or declined/invalid credit card transactions.
6. There will be no refunds for classes missed due to unforeseen/uncontrollable circumstances. For example, snow days. If several are missed due to these types of events the instructor may schedule a makeup.
7. If a student leaves the program mid-year, we will discontinue charging tuition from the point at which we are notified. No refunds will be given for classes already attended.
8. Credit card authorization - if you chose to use a credit card through our Parent Portal, you hereby authorize Studio East Dance Company to charge the credit card on file in the system for fees associated with our services. The fees include, but are not limited to: registration, tuition, costumes, competition, recital, etc. If I wish to cancel the credit card authorization I must notify the studio owner of this change in payment method. I agree that I will not dispute any charges with my credit card company without first making a good faith effort to remedy the situation directly with Studio East Dance Company. I guarantee that I am the legal card holder for the credit card on file and that I am legally authorized to enter into this recurring credit card billing agreement with Studio East Dance Company.
DRESS CODE & COSTUMES:
9. Attire recreational - students should be in dance attire with hair pulled back and appropriate dance shoes. No jewelry. See our shoe list for guidelines. This is on the bulletin board and on the website.
10. Attire competition - should wear a dark leotard, and pink/black/white or tan tights along with the proper dance shoes. Hair should be pulled back in a bun. Dance shorts and/or ballet skirts may also be worn depending on the discipline and teacher.
11. Recreational Costumes cost approximately $80 - $100 all inclusive of tights, accessories, etc. These costs are just approximating and may vary up or down. There will be a $50 costume deposit for each class and private lesson due by November 1st.
12. Lost and Found - we have a lost and found located in the back of the studio. If you are missing something, please check here. We do clean this out periodically.
13. No returns or refunds for costumes - We can recommend a seamstress if needed at your cost. If you prefer a specific size for your child, please let the instructor know. We order costumes on December 1st. Anyone leaving the program after costumes have been ordered will be responsible for the full cost of the costumes.
CLASSES & EXPECTATIONS:
14. Attendance - parent will notify the studio and/or teacher when your child will be absent from class.
15. We focus on team spirit and bonding. We spend our time developing not only the dancer, but the child as well. Gaining individual confidence on and off the stage is so important for kids and we believe the earlier the better. We focus on being better than YOU were last week or last year, not trying to be better than someone else. We provide a supportive, inspiring, and encouraging environment. We want the kids to be as successful as possible. Kids generally respond better to praise and love. There are lots of hugs and high fives! We expect the same type of attitude from our teachers, parents, and students.
16. Private lessons (solos, duets, and trios) will run from September 2020 through May 2021. There will be one session in June to run all privates as one last practice before recital. They are on a first come, first serve basis. The style of dance should be agreed upon with the parent, student, and teacher. Forms will be given out upon registration should you choose to sign up for a slot. We will make every attempt to do makeups for private lessons if advance notification of the absence.
17. We believe in honesty, integrity, organization, and good communication. We believe that dance develops the individual physically, artistically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially. Dance education inspires good work habits and healthy lifestyle choices. Our dance students are joining an artistic family where they develop enduring friendships and nurture a passion for the arts. We expect all students and parents to conduct themselves in a kind, courteous, and respectful manner; to clap for all performers, abide by all policies and procedures; and to approach the teachers and/or owners with any questions or concerns appropriately.
18. Disrespectful conduct including but not limited to making disparaging remarks about anyone associated with SEDC, ridiculing or yelling at your child or someone else's, questioning a teacher and/or owner judgement in public, etc. will not be tolerated. Any abuse, verbal or otherwise, perpetrated by me or my child towards any other team member, teacher or staff may result in removal from the studio.
19. As a parent I will focus on my child's growth and not the overall outcome of competitions. I will encourage my child to follow the rules of the studio and any competition venue. As a parent I agree to partner with SEDC staff to resolve behavioral issues immediately and I acknowledge that the final decision regarding my child(ren) class placement will be made by the owners.
20. Injuries - injuries must be reported immediately to an instructor or owner for proper documentation and paperwork processing. Parents will be notified immediately if there is a serious injury. We have a first aid kit located at the front desk.
21. There will be photos, videos, etc. taken at the studio and at studio events. These photos, videos, etc. will be used for marketing purposes. You hereby give full release of the use of the photos, videos, etc. that have your child(ren) in by agreeing to these policies and procedures.
22. Recital will be held in June 2021. The recital fee is $100 per student with a limit of $175 per family. There will be more information coming soon.
23. Picture day will be in late spring. There will be more information coming soon.
24. Fundraising opportunities will be available throughout the year. More information will be coming soon.
25. Observation week will be in late spring. We will have a monitor in the lobby for viewing some classes periodically throughout the year. Notification will be made as to what classes and when prior to the viewing. You hereby agree to have your student(s) viewed during these types of special events
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES
I, PARENT/GUARDIAN OF SAID CHILD(REN) HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF MY CHILD(REN) PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THESE VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective reigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of my child(ren), for my child(ren)'s death, disability, personal injury, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to my child(ren) during VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES BY THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Studio East Dance Company and/or their directors, employees, or volunteers.
(B) INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Studio East Dance Company and/or their directors, employees, or volunteers from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. I acknowledge that Studio East Dance Company and their directors, employees, and volunteers are NOT responsible for errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES on their behalf. I acknowledge that this activity may involve injury. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by jumping, leaping, turning, stretching, or any dance movement, lack of hydration, improper dance floor, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, and/or producers of the activity.
I hereby consent for my child to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES. I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT. I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. I certify that my child(ren) is physically fit, has sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES, and has not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my child(ren)'s participation in VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by Studio East Dance Company, the director, class holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which my child may participate, and that it will govern my child(ren)'s actions and responsibilities at VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES. I permit my child to participate in VIRTUAL DANCE CLASSES.