In consideration of the services of Synergy Elite All Star Gym its owners, agents, officers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "SEA"), I hereby agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless SEA, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I understand and acknowledge that the activities that I or my child engage in while on the premises or under the auspices of SEA pose known and unknown risks which could result in injury, paralysis, death, emotional distress, or damage to me, my child, to property, or to third parties. The following describes some, but not all, of those risks: Cheerleading and gymnastics, including performances of stunts and use of trampolines, entail certain risks that simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. Without a certain degree of risk, cheerleading students would not improve their skills and the enjoyment of the sport would be diminished. Cheerleading and gymnastics expose participants to the usual risk of cuts and bruises, and other more serious risks as well. Participants often fall, break or sprain wrists and ankles, and can suffer more serious injuries. Traveling to and from shows, meets and exhibitions raises the possibilities of any manner of transportation accidents. In any event, if you or your child is injured, medical assistance may be required which you must pay for yourself.
2. In expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks, known and unknown, connected with SEA related activities, including but not limited to performances of stunts and use of trampolines. My participation and that of my child is purely voluntary. No one has forced or coerced me or my child to participate. I elect for myself and my children to participate in such activities in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify SEA from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my child's participation in SEA related activities.
4. Should SEA be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and reimburse them for such fees and costs.
5. I certify that my child has health, accident and liability insurance to cover bodily injury or property damage that may be cause or suffered while participating in this event or activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to my child. I further certify that I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may arise to be created, directly or indirectly, through or by any such condition.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against SEA I agree to do solely in the State of California and I further agree that the substantive and procedural laws in that state shall apply in any such action without regard to the conflict of laws rules thereof. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
7. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation or the participation of any of my children in this activity, I may be found by court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against SEA on the basis of any claim from which I have released SEA by signing this agreement.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read it and understand it. I agree to be bound by its terms.
PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION
(Must be completed for participation under the age of 18)
In consideration of my child, being permitted by SEA to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold SEA from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.
Synergy Elite Policy and Procedures
An ABSENCE REQUEST FORM must be submitted 2 weeks prior to the absence. Do not email or fax absence forms. These forms are for absences including school cheerleading, gymnastics, choir, band, and all other school sports. Your school activities are planned well in advance. Please submit your request in advance. A completed form does not automatically excuse the absence. Absences must be approved. Be prepared to show documentation from a teacher or instructor. You will be removed immediately if the request is falsified. Absences are not permitted the week of a National event.
Please do not attend practice when you are sick and/or contagious i.e. Flu/Strep/Mono . Students are often removed from our program for failing to follow this rule. We will not make exceptions. You will not be required to participate; however it is the athlete's responsibility to learn any missed material. An athlete will jeopardize their position if this rule is not followed. In addition, you must provide a doctor's note with detailed information regarding the illness, treatment, and length of recovery. This includes dental, medical and any other health related issue that would prohibit a student from participating.
Most communication is set forth in monthly notes, calendars, and emails. We have a team Facebook group where we disseminate information as well. Please be sure to become added to this group. Each team will have a designated Head coach and is responsible for relaying information to the parents and the Synergy Elite All Star staff. Any questions or team related problems should first be addressed with the Head Coach if the problem cannot be fixed by the head coach please contact our Program Director .
All Classes are CLOSED to PARENTS,BOYFRIENDS/GIRLFRIENDS, and athletes from other gyms, with the EXCEPTION of the first week of every month. There is to be NO JEWELRY to class, which includes all earrings, belly button rings, and necklaces. This is not simply for appearance sake, but for the safety to the one wearing jewelry and for those either flying or basing who might be injured as a result. All CELL PHONES should be turned OFF class times. This includes parent cell phones. Please do not bring your family PETS to practices at the gym! There is to be NO GUM whatsoever at classes. There is to be no excessively long fingernails or sculpts. There is to be NO videotaping of practices. Practice clothing must be worn as scheduled on the monthly calendars. Lost, misplaced or damaged clothing will be replaced at your expense. Once again, our program is about building champions and teaching responsibility to our athletes.
As you can see we have very limited parking at our gym. This is a shared parking lot where we are allotted spaces. Typically these spaces are filled by staff, therefore when visiting the gym please make sure that you are using the street parking. If you come into the parking lot to drop off your athlete please make sure that you are using caution as there will be other students and or complex guest present. Violation of the rules, may result in your vehicle being towed. If this does take place it is the vehicle's owner that is financially responsible for the tow.
Video and Photography Release: I understand that my child's photograph/video may be taken during the course of class instruction or during a special event. I hereby grant my permission for the resulting video and/or photograph to be used for any and all publicity and printing purposes.
Notice of Termination: I understand that Synergy Elite All Star Gym requires written notice by the 5th of the month prior to terminating a monthly class. One class attended for any month constitutes ownership of that class spot for the entire month.
I understand that in any activity the potential exists for injury, minimal or catastrophic. Synergy Elite All Star Gym, its employees, agents, officers and directors shall not be responsible for losses and damage associated with participation in any activity, exhibition, competition, recital or clinic or travel to or from any event in which the above named is involved. I hereby release Synergy Elite All Star Gym staff to render first aid in the event of any injury or illness, to seek medical assistance if deemed necessary and to transport to a medical facility or to call an ambulance.
Code of Conduct Acknowledgment
I will not be involved in any matter of disrespect towards any members of the Synergy Elite All Star Gym parents or students. Anyone threatening to quit or pull their child from a squad may be dismissed from the program immediately.
I understand that athletes are required to wear the appropriate practice attire to every practice.
I understand the Program Director reserve the right to suspend any athlete's or parent's participation in activities at Synergy Elite All Star Gym or Synergy Elite All Star Gym functions as disciplinary action.
I will not design, purchase, distribute, or sell any clothing, bows or other items without prior written consent from Ashley Jackson. This includes team t-shirts and spirit items, This does not include snacks, cakes, cookies or consumable goodies.
I will not participate in negative gossip or communications that adversely affect Synergy Elite All Star Gym. This includes but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, GroupMe, Chat Rooms or other Websites.
I will not post Synergy Elite All Star Gym music, choreography, routines, stunts, etc. on any website or any social media . I will maintain and/or improve the skills I performed at tryouts through hard work and dedication.
I will not hold or threaten to hold my child from practice or competition as a form of punishment. I will conduct myself with respect and integrity, displaying positive sportsmanship at all times.
I understand all athletes at Synergy Elite All Star Gym are expected to arrive at practices and competitions on time with a positive attitude and try their best effort in every endeavor.
I will abide by my team's hair and make-up policy. I will not use inappropriate language.
I understand it is sometimes necessary for athletes to be moved from one team to another.
I understand that if I leave a competition early or before any awards or athletes gifts are given out, I may or may not receive my gifts or awards as coaches will and may be busy assisting other athletes.
No Parent or non Synergy Elite All Star Gym member is allowed on our practice floor during any practice i.e tumbling, all star practice or dance practice.
I understand that if I need to speak to the coaching staff I will arrange a meet time with them in advanced and not distract or interrupt class time.
I understand monthly billing will be processed at the 1st through 3rd of every month, failure to take care of my fees will result in an automatic $10.00 late fee for each transaction.
Cheerleaders, parents, relatives, and friends are never allowed to contact competition companies or their officials for any reason. Contact Synergy Elite All Star Gym if you have any questions or comments relating to competition companies or their officials.
I understand and agree to this "Code of Conduct" (and failure to abide by will result in immediate removal from Synergy Elite All Star Gym)