I understand that I have enrolled myself/the above child(ren) in a program of physical activity for United Dance Invermere. I have provided current health status to United Dance Invermere, and will continue to update health status should it change throughout the year. I realize that participants are under no pressure to physically exert themselves beyond my/his/her capacity and it is the parents and/or participants responsibility to use personal judgment concerning the degree of their participation in all activities. I, the child(ren)'s parent and/or legal guardian represent that I understand the nature of the activities and that the above named child(ren) are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activities and that I am authorized to agree to this Release and Waiver. I acknowledge that if I believe event conditions are unsafe, I will immediately discontinue participation in such activities. I fully understand that the activities involve risks of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by my own actions, inactions, those of others participating in the event, the conditions in which the event takes place, or the negligence of the "releases" named; and that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, cost, and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the activities. I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue United Dance Invermere, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, managers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants (the "Releases") from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages, on the child(ren)'s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or the Releases or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations and future agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability, and assumption of risk I, the child(ren) or anyone on my or the child(ren)'s behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Releases from any loss, liability, damage, or cost, which any may incur as the result of such claim, including without limitation litigation expenses and attorneys' fees. I have read the Release and Waiver and understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect. I give United Dance Invermere permission to photograph and videotape myself/my child and I understand that pictures maybe used for publicity purpose including brochures, advertisements, and/or United Dance Invermere website. Names of students are not used or listed on any promotional materials.
• Dancers will not be allowed to participate in class until all forms have been completed, including: Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity agreement, and Disclaimer Clause. United Dance will also provide a photo release form so dancer photos may be used in company promotions, but this form is optional.
Dancers are asked to be considerate and respectful to all teachers, parents and other students.
• Only water is allowed in the studio.
• Please no dangly jewelry.
• Please be punctual. A five minute grace period will be accepted for latecomers.
However, to avoid injuries (lack of warm-up) students later than ten minutes will be
asked to sit and watch the class.
Injured students are encouraged to attend class to watch and take notes when appropriate.
Students must wait inside the building for their ride to pick them up.
Students must be in proper dance attire for class, and hair must be tied back securely.
Competitive dancers who have any unexcused absences during choreography time are expected to learn the missed choreography prior to their next class.
Cell phones! If a student decides to bring their cell phone into the studio for security
reasons, they will be required to place them in a designated area. While classes are in progress, all cell phones must be off or on silent.
Teachers are only responsible for students during their class time. Parents are responsible for making sure their child arrives on time and are picked up on time.
Quarterly assessments for each dancer will be provided (much like a report card) to highlight areas of growth and areas to work on. Parent -Teacher meetings will be held after assessments and are to be used as the viewing period for parents.
• Parents are not permitted in to the studios during class time. Periodically parents will be invited into class by the teacher to watch the last five minutes.
• If your child will not be attending class, please notify the studio via e-mail.
• Out of respect for students who are waiting for their class to begin, we ask that parents
and do not approach teachers in between classes. Please email email@example.com to make an appointment to talk to the studio director.
• If a relative, friend, or neighbour is picking up your child, please inform United Dance ahead of time for safety reasons.
• Please try to keep missed classes to a minimum as students will be missing out on valuable dance training and may fall behind in their classes.
• In the event of school dances and/or conflicting extra curricular activities (ie. soccer, volleyball, etc.) classes will not be made up.
• No refunds will be given for missed classes
• Private classes can be booked for students to catch up on what they have missed for a
fee of $20 per half hour.
Class Cancellation and Make up policy
• The studio has the right to combine or cancel classes if registration for the class is fewer than 5 students. Reasons for class cancellation are not limited to registration.
• If at any time it is required to cancel classes due to bad weather, a recorded message will be on the answering machine after 2:30pm. We will do our best to run classes except under exceptionally dangerous driving conditions. Use your own discretion regarding attendance if the driving is difficult in your area.
• If at any time it is required to cancel classes due to an emergency, an email or phone call will be placed.
• If United Dance cancels a class, a make-up date will be announced. If you are unable to attend the scheduled make-up date, students are welcome to take a different class within their age group and level the week of the make-up date that is convenient for them. No credit will be given for missed classes.
Dance Instructor Attendance
• If a dance instructor is sick, a knowledgeable and experienced substitute teacher will cover classes for the night. The instructor will leave a lesson plan so that students stay on track with what they are learning and do not fall behind.
• Competition season begins in April and finishes at the end of May. It is possible that dance instructors will have a substitute teacher on occasion if their students are competing when classes are running.
• Dance instructors will try their best to be present for all classes to ensure that students will have a fun and successful dance year.
United Dance understands that not all students may enjoy the class(es) they are enrolled in, and we are more than happy to find a more suitable class for your child. In the event that a student would like to entirely withdraw from the dance program, United Dance will give a refund in accordance to the refund chart on the unitedancebc.com website and available at the studio. The decision to withdraw from the dance season must be given in writing to the director two weeks prior to the next month payment.